The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 03:33 AM
Shackster

My System
Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

I am also a big fan of shootouts!

The only thing is that I am always too far to be: A) present B) invited !
I have to believe the judgment of the persons in attendance.

But what I really like about HTS reviews / shootouts, is that they are not made by some involved and pedantic individuals that are above the regular users....

All the reviews and shootouts that I have read about on this site were really down to earth and in the interest of the regular (but enthusiast) user / customer.

With that in mind, I have to ask (and maybe suggest), because most of the time this company is overlooked (and I have to root for products coming from my adopted country!), but would it be possible to add some products by Usher?

Usher speakers have always surprised me as being up there with most of the greats, but seldom gets the attention. (I just own some Usher products, I have no part in the company!

Enjoy the shootout (that means no Halloween party ending too late!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 03:34 AM
Shackster

My System

Have you already nail down the materials to be use ?
(ie which CDs, ablums ?)

Materials chosen should be able to test out the speakers dynamics, vocal presentation, bass extension & etc ...
(comparing speaker to speaker in the same setup).

Regards, E.H.
post #23 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 03:49 AM
Senior Shackster
Vin Vendel

Great event and interesting line-up with speakers!
Maybe the only way to actually compare speakers and give a proper feedback.
You could go even further and not tell which speaker it is playing and let the listeners go in blindfolded and write down hearingimpressions after each listening. In that way the brain cant add attributes to the speaker they have read articles about.

//Mattias Vendel
Sweden
post #24 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 04:12 AM
Shackster
OJ

Loving the shootouts and unbalanced tests with great measurements too. Can't wait for the results of the different speakers, all the speakers in the world sound so different and would surely like to know what these ones sound like. They're not over the top expensive either.
post #25 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 04:13 AM
Shackster

This is great!
I love the idea of a 'shootout' or 'speaker review' pure and simple. It seems that too many events turn into a competition which to me, takes the fun out of it. Music and movies are about enjoyment and it seems that this event is about the experience. While my #1 vote is not listed as part of the event, I always like reading reviews and learning how various equipment fares...looking forward to it.
post #26 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 04:13 AM
Senior Shackster

I can't wait to see how the SVS Ultras compare to the other speakers chosen, I'm interest in purchasing these one day. But you never know after the results come out I may check out some of the other competitors, depending on what you guys think of there overall performance.
post #27 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 04:15 AM
Shackster

Finalrinse

Thanks for the opportunity. The results will be very useful to many. This seems to be the perfect price range where quality meets value. I look forward to following and reading the progression of the test and full results.

-Tom
post #28 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 04:15 AM
Shackster

Even if it's not a direct comparison between speakers, it's going to be most interesting to see an evaluation with similar criteria, equipment and ears, when auditioning electrostatic/magnetoplanar/quasi-ribbon AND traditional dynamic transducers. Even better news is the inclusion of measurements and having some context about the listening room. Combined with the subjective evaluation you're possibly offering lots of very valuable data for us people on the other side of the internet who possibly couldn't arrange any of this for themselves.

Subscribed!
post #29 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 04:26 AM
Shackster

This Is A Great Idea Can Wait To See The Results of This. More Page/ People Should Do This. The First Home Theater I Got Is The Only Thing I Could Afford Its The Onkyo Hts7300 I Believe. .. One of The Home Theaters In A Box For $500..Wish I Had Enough Money To Start A Real Setup.. I'm Into Great Sound and Video and Love To WatWatch Blu rays With My Family But Its Not The Best Setup But It Works For Now....
post #30 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 04:50 AM
Shackster
Moto

Man, I only live a few hours from there in SE Georgia and would love to go. Right now doesn't look like I can make it but you never know. I have never been to any GTG or anything like it and have been waiting for one to get close enough. Maybe my plans will change.

Everyone have fun,
Moto