The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 38 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #371 of 1075 Old 10-25-13, 04:40 PM
Shackster

My System
Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

This range is exactly where my current speakers are priced. It'll be a very informative review for myself as well as my friends with similar set-ups.

Looking forward to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 1075 Old 10-25-13, 11:47 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Quote:
chashint wrote: View Post
For the HTS evaluation team, you know we all love y’all and appreciate the good work y’all do so this is not intended to put any pressure on the team, but you guys set the bar pretty high the first time out of the gate....and to say a repeat performance is "expected" would be somewhat of an understatement. Y’all are going to have to hunker down and dig deep to make sure that nice juicy $1k event is not going to be held as the golden standard of excellence. Again no pressure, but once you feed the beast the beast will always want more.
Yeah, there are some expectations alright. "Pressure" is a bit strong. "Sense of responsibility" is about right. We know that an event like this is possible only because of forum and sponsor support, and we owe you the best we can give you. And we would not have it any other way. The serious side and the challenge of what we are doing make the work that much funner, including all the PMs back and forth, the decisions being made, the details being nailed down, the prep time to have everything ready to roll the minute we get there so the event has the best chance of being a success - mostly Sonnie's work, but all are involved in the preparations. It is a major production months in the making. And a total rush when it all comes together. It is the best possible combination of work and play!
post #373 of 1075 Old 10-25-13, 11:56 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Aw , its only a 9 hour drive or so, should be a snap for young folks. And you can hear two sets of speakers and tube as well as SS equipment in the loop. Now that has to be almost tempting but not quite too tempting.
Don't tempt me... wait, you ARE tempting me. Don't make me come over there... but, er, you are inviting me over. Hmmm, nine hours. Where is my calendar... Maybe combine it with a concert in Chicago.... I will work on it.
post #374 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

The Axpona show in April... Chicago here we come!

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #375 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 06:15 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Oooooo, double temptation!
post #376 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 08:46 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
Don't tempt me... wait, you ARE tempting me. Don't make me come over there... but, er, you are inviting me over. Hmmm, nine hours. Where is my calendar... Maybe combine it with a concert in Chicago.... I will work on it.
Double dog dare you, although I am not sure what a double dog dare is.
Looks like I will be adding a like new pair of Dahlquist DQ10's next week, I should have the GR Research pair done tomorrow and....I have re-tubed my Dac and upgraded to a SS Micro Mega Dac for a nice comparison.
If I can sell me MacBook Pro soon then I can finally get a new processor.

Lots of fun stuff going on after many years of quiet. Got rid of a lot of old stuff to bring in some more old stuff as well as new.

Oh and btw, I am unfortunately at the south end of Indiana. I lived in Chicago for 40 years before I moved out. I travel up there a good bit but it is no longer home

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #377 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 08:55 AM
Shackster
Doug

I am fairly new here but I love seeing things like this. With so many options available to us and the ability of sales people to always make thier gear sound like the one that is just right for you....it's nice to see real evaluations and input in a controlled setting. this is one of the main reasons I'm glad I found this forum.
post #378 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 12:11 PM
Shackster
Nid

My System

I haven't been around here enough lately due to lack of time and energy! This is another great idea with some very nice speakers in the line-up. I imagine testing equipment like this doesn't happen over night, and would require a great deal of time and effort, so kudos to the HTS team for their dedication. This forum is top-of-the-class IMHO, with so much information that it makes me realize that there is so much more I need to learn lol. Keep up the great work guys
post #379 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 12:25 PM
PEB
Shackster

Philip Bamberg

My System

Sonnie, you have a nice setup there. Hope all goes smoothly, as those events typically have hiccups that get put you behind schedule.

Hopefully I might be on the manufacturer list the next time.

Cheers,
Philip Bamberg
Bamberg Audio
post #380 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 07:14 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Double dog dare you, although I am not sure what a double dog dare is.
Looks like I will be adding a like new pair of Dahlquist DQ10's next week, I should have the GR Research pair done tomorrow and....I have re-tubed my Dac and upgraded to a SS Micro Mega Dac for a nice comparison.
If I can sell me MacBook Pro soon then I can finally get a new processor.

Lots of fun stuff going on after many years of quiet. Got rid of a lot of old stuff to bring in some more old stuff as well as new.

Oh and btw, I am unfortunately at the south end of Indiana. I lived in Chicago for 40 years before I moved out. I travel up there a good bit but it is no longer home
I am going to tentatively calendar a Chicago trip for Axpona in April with a leg either coming or going to extend your way for a visit, if that makes sense. Sounds like you have some fun gear to spend a few hours with.

I don't know what a double dog dare is either, but at some primal level it is impossible to resist.