The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 39 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #381 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 07:25 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

Quote:
PEB wrote: View Post
Sonnie, you have a nice setup there. Hope all goes smoothly, as those events typically have hiccups that get put you behind schedule.
Not gonna happen! Maybe. Hopefully.

Sonnie is pretty good at keeping us on target. On the other hand, hiccups can be great learning experiences, and make for great stories later on, which of course we will share. If not too embarrassing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 1075 Old 10-26-13, 10:18 PM
Shackster
MR-EPICENTER

no pues est abien chido ese sonidote... lastima que esta algo lejos de mi casa jejeje... thats a great sound equipment.. its a shame its so far from my place lol... i think it will have a very great sound and very powerful to... grettings to the winner...
post #383 of 1075 Old 10-27-13, 12:51 AM
Shackster

I'm so glad to find a new place to learn, I'm sure y'all will give a guy some help.

I can't wait to see the winners, that said also this sight will be great for all my questions, I know
post #384 of 1075 Old 10-27-13, 12:34 PM
Shackster
Tony

This looks to be a really fun event with some high quality equipment and speakers. Since this is not a shootout, there is no pressure to try to find the "best" speaker (which is highly subjective because everyone has different tastes).
post #385 of 1075 Old 10-27-13, 01:52 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Quote:
Sirbrine wrote: View Post
This looks to be a really fun event with some high quality equipment and speakers. Since this is not a shootout, there is no pressure to try to find the "best" speaker (which is highly subjective because everyone has different tastes).
Agreed. I would not be surprised if each evaluator chose a personal favorite, giving his reasons for that choice. But that might or might not happen. We have not discussed any specific goal beyond simply evaluating in detail.
post #386 of 1075 Old 10-28-13, 02:29 AM
Shackster

I had a chance to play around with the Martin Logans at my local AV shop, we spent a few hours finding the perfect position for them in the show room. We set them up with a 2 channel NAD amp and as a pure stereo setup, and the speakers just disappeared. They have one of the most immersive soundstages I have ever heard! Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to give any of the others a listen.
post #387 of 1075 Old 10-28-13, 03:29 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Quote:
Whimsic wrote: View Post
I had a chance to play around with the Martin Logans at my local AV shop, we spent a few hours finding the perfect position for them in the show room. We set them up with a 2 channel NAD amp and as a pure stereo setup, and the speakers just disappeared. They have one of the most immersive soundstages I have ever heard! Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to give any of the others a listen.
Wonderful! Looking forward to a similar experience in a few days!
post #388 of 1075 Old 10-28-13, 09:13 AM
Shackster

My System

That is an impressive list of equipment! And some impressive speakers to be evaluated! I hope that someday I can afford speakers and other equipment as nice as that setup. Maybe I can find the winning speakers used in my price range down the road when I am in the market for an upgrade.
post #389 of 1075 Old 10-28-13, 12:49 PM
Senior Shackster

Had been lurking in this thread but wanted to post because I recently got a listen to one of the speakers (Emerald Physics) up for evaluation. While I knew that the dipole woofers wouldn't pressurize the room, I was surprised how much impact they delivered nonetheless (they really do move some air).

The coax driver threw a detailed soundstage with terrific phantom imaging. The soundstage seemed to float above the speakers, maybe due to the baffle being angled back (careful with ceiling reflections). Will be interested to see if any of the participants in this comparison hear something similar from these speakers.

Looking forward to reading the evaluation and seeing how the Emerald Physics compares to other dipoles in the comparison.

Sanjay
post #390 of 1075 Old 10-28-13, 01:25 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
Agreed. I would not be surprised if each evaluator chose a personal favorite, giving his reasons for that choice. But that might or might not happen. We have not discussed any specific goal beyond simply evaluating in detail.
I am curious to know how your impressions of the Emerald Physics will be in Sonnie's room vs what you heard at RMAF. I wonder if they will have a more consistent soundstage.