The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #61 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:26 AM
Shackster
Mike

Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

I am definately interested in seeing the SACD capabilities of this system. I can think of a few disks that would be ideal tryout SACD's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:28 AM
Shackster

Wow that's a great line of speakers up for the TEST, cant be there in person but looking forward for the results, Lets get ready to rumble and enjoy the show guys.
PS: Hope someone can post a short video on youtube later !
post #63 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:33 AM
Shackster
reed

I look forward to finding out about the results. Information like this helps us consumers make better buying decisions without having to spend endless hours searching for locations that sell the various combinations - if they do at all. Thanks for "working" hard at getting these evaluations done.
post #64 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:33 AM
Shackster
only126db

At $2500 all these are way out of my budget, however I am glad this is being done. I always enjoy getting the truth about products. I wonder if, it may sound crazy, but if internal cabinet design could be explored and commented on. I am sure most people would think when reading about opening up a set of $2000+ speakers to see its guts, I just find it interesting what the big players do to the guts, if they brace them, if they are double baffled, material thickness etc etc etc.
post #65 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:42 AM
Shackster
Bob

Awesome. I've been interested in the SVS Towers for a while. I would like to see how they stack-up to the competition.
post #66 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:42 AM
Shackster

Steve

Quote:
cavchameleon wrote: View Post

Hi Steve, I'm curious about the 'big improvement" moving from Salk's to SVS Ultras as Salks have a very good reputation on speaker building. What part was a 'big' improvement (response, detail, imaging, etc.)? I really like the SVS Ultra looks and also SVS products, so not doubting you, just that Salks are made with some nice drivers/parts also with a good designer behind them.

I'm also very interested in this evaluation! I've heard some of the speakers on the list, but not a all (such as the SVS Ultras and the Emerald Physics). This should be interesting.
What I meant was for my listening environment and material (rock/hard rock music) the Salks just didn't seem like a good fit for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Salks and they sounded great but I wanted something different and for now the SVS have done it. The soundstage is definitely bigger with the SVS and I really like the ultra center for movies better than the Salk. I don't know how else to put it, just that they sound better to my ears, and that's what I've always been told is what counts.
post #67 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:42 AM
Shackster
Greg

I have not seen this posted anywhere, although it may exist somewhere on the web. I would absolutely LOVE to see a blind comparison of the CABLES used in this test versus generic, if only a quick one. I notice that you are using XLR cables, which I always thought were only a benefit for longer runs between components, is that the case for this test? If you could at least test the speaker wires versus generic 12 gauge wire from Monoprice or whatever. Not sure how much of a premium the RAM cables command, but it adds up fast when you are running a 7.x or 9.x system. I realize that RAM is a sponsor, but I would hope that you could indulge us. Especially when it comes to digital cables, like HDMI, I fail to see how one cable could be better than another, so long as it actually works, since they transmit only 1s and 0s.
post #68 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:43 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

HTShack is at it again and I personally wish to shout out a big to all of the HTShack members and sponsors involved,

The lineup of speakers here is and I can't wait to see/read yalls impressions! I learned a lot before/during/after the 1k speaker evaluation and I expect the same this time around as well.

Spoiler
Quote:
JQueen wrote: View Post
This is going to be a great read, can't wait for the $250 dollar shoutout
, +1 JQueen
I have a feeling the Pioneers designed by Andrew Jones would be a top performer in that price range
post #69 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:47 AM
Shackster
Brian

This is fantastic! What joy it must be to play with so many toys. This is really helpful since how do we ever get the opportunity to review such a variety in our own.

We appreciate it...I am sure you do too
Brian
post #70 of 1075 Old 10-19-13, 08:54 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
That truly is a killers row of speakers being auditioned. Better still that the room and associated equipment are stellar. While many stores might satisfy the latter, most of the stores I have been to have been lacking in respect to acoustics.

Many props to all involved and I look forward to the results.
All the best,
Jack

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910