The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 98 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #971 of 1075 Old 11-22-13, 08:26 PM
Shackster
Joe

Re: The Official $2,500 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

Whoa, I step away from the Shack for a while and I miss everything!
That is quite the collection of hardware there! I wish I could have been part that testing session!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #972 of 1075 Old 11-26-13, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

I wish there was someway we could have a member as a guest. If we just stick with 6 speakers and don't do any other reviews, we might be able to make that happen. Of course the member would have to cover their own travel expenses. I think we could feed you well though.

Leonard, Wayne, Joe... what say ye?

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #973 of 1075 Old 11-26-13, 10:43 PM
Senior Shackster

Scott

There are so many awesome people on this forum, it'd really be cool if a "regular" member could put their words to the evals also. I know there would be QUITE the list of people cal morning to be a part of an event

I think about speakers for hours every day. I believe it is mental illness.
post #974 of 1075 Old 11-26-13, 11:37 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Actually, I think Sonnie, Wayne, Joe, Quentin, and me are all not that different from other members. We are just hobbyists that enjoy good music and movies.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #975 of 1075 Old 11-27-13, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Good point Leonard... being staff does not make us any better than any other member. Of course being on staff does afford us some nice benefits that we are able to take advantage of... but it certainly does not make us any more or less important than anyone else... just fortunate.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #976 of 1075 Old 11-27-13, 01:29 AM
Senior Shackster

I think you had a great idea and don't see how anyone could have been offended. Why not have a draw for a seat of privilege on the panel with the only qualification of being responsible for your own expenses. If anyone is unable to attend but would like to sponsor me, I would be honoured to accept.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
People think I'm strange, does it make me a stranger?
post #977 of 1075 Old 11-27-13, 01:45 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

I volunteer, and can even bring some things of my own should it be needed, such as a nice old pair of DQ10's or super efficient Tang Bands, or just me. I am even potty trained.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #978 of 1075 Old 11-27-13, 08:27 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I wish there was someway we could have a member as a guest. If we just stick with 6 speakers and don't do any other reviews, we might be able to make that happen. Of course the member would have to cover their own travel expenses. I think we could feed you well though.

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
Actually, I think Sonnie, Wayne, Joe, Quentin, and me are all not that different from other members. We are just hobbyists that enjoy good music and movies.
Quote:
Good point Leonard... being staff does not make us any better than any other member. Of course being on staff does afford us some nice benefits that we are able to take advantage of... but it certainly does not make us any more or less important than anyone else... just fortunate.
Excellent point Leonard - I know I for one by no means think of myself as an expert. That said, I think it is a really cool idea. Can Angie and Gracie handle an extra?
post #979 of 1075 Old 11-27-13, 08:28 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Wayne Myers

Quote:

There is 1 extra seat in the back row, on a rotating basis, or we could squeeze in a folding chair. Last time Mark Seaton was our guest (BTW, I am finishing my review of his speakers and work now). It might be fun to include a selected member-guest in the festivities, with abbreviated listening privileges. Of course that means putting him to work!
post #980 of 1075 Old 11-27-13, 09:12 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
I am all for it.

But we need to have full disclosure here. Anyone who might join us will have to put up with a fair amount of eccentricity. We are a rather odd bunch in some ways. Late nights listening (actually early mornings), getting a bit punchy at times, generous volumes of sarcasm, and of course the venue is the middle of South Alabama hillbilly land.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.