Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Galaxy CM-140 & Fast/Slow setting for REW

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sonnie 
#1 ·
I have the Galaxy CM-140 on order. Can't wait to try it out with the new improved REW. Just wanted to verify ahead of time whether this SPL meter should be set to fast or slow with REW. I've seen posts say to set it to Fast where as if one is using the Radio Shack SPL meters, it is recommended to set the Radio Shack ones to slow. Why were there suggestions to set the Galaxy to fast? How does this improve things with respect to REW?

#2 ·
For the Radio Shack, this setting only affect the real-time display, not the measurements. Sounds logical because it's only there to help the user by slowing down the display of the real-time measurements.
I would say that it works the same for the Galaxy meter but you should try with both settings and see if you can detect differences... It's probably explained in the manual too :reading:

#7 ·
Hmmm... good question!

All I really remember is that I kept getting a low signal level warning when set to slow. I suppose the meter just could not keep up with the sweep. It probably still averages the reading, but it works faster and therefore can better keep up. :huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.