Cross-Spectrum Microphone Calibration Service - USA - Page 33 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #321 of 368 Old 09-29-13, 11:57 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Re: Cross-Spectrum Microphone Calibration Service - USA

Quote:
sos_nz wrote: View Post
Without having been subject to the vagaries of USPS, I wonder if it's worth offering both options e.g. UPS and USPS, and the buyer can make the choice.
Quote:
SRW1000 wrote: View Post
This would be my preference as well. Some may be willing to pay an additional 5-10% for the more reliable shipping times, but others will be willing to wait the extra few days for delivery. If you were to offer FedEx or UPS, I'd bet that a lot of those customers would even opt for next day delivery.
I agree this would be ideal, but it's not something we can accommodate right now. If we were large enough that we had an office with regular UPS/FedEx/USPS pickups it would be one thing, but offering customers a choice would mean a haphazard schedule of trying to arrange pickups from the various services or driving around town to make various dropoffs and it's not something we can do right now. Maybe in 10-12 months, but not right now, so it's really going to be about picking one service and sticking with it.

Thanks for the various well-wishes. We're trying to do better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 368 Old 09-30-13, 05:35 PM
Shackster

My System

Well, all the very best with your decisions

I'm allergic to paying excess postage (although do appreciate it's at cost to you). Some of the international shipping rates from premium shipping companies (e.g FedEx) make extortion look like the bargain of the century. That said, there are now reasonable USA postal forwarding services for we non-US buyers and I'm sure I could rapidly develop an allergy to lost / delayed parcels as well.

...speaking of which, I was thrilled to see my order for a UMIK-1 proceed this morning. Thanks for releasing the next batch to the baying mob!
post #323 of 368 Old 10-19-13, 03:32 PM
Shackster

arttu

I put in a order for one calibrated Umik a week ago when they were again availeble. Paypal sent me a message that it's payed but I didn't get feedback on a email or anything. I don't know if my order has been processed or not. All is well and some day there will be a delivery?

post #324 of 368 Old 12-09-13, 09:24 PM
Shackster

After dilly dallying for about 6 months to order a umik-1 or not, I ordered one from minidsp and received the device today. I was expecting to see a USB thumb drive but could not find it. I come to this site to see whats going on and sure I was supposed to order it from cross spectrum Labs and not from minidsp directly.

Is it all lost?? Before I try to get in touch with minidsp and try to return it, can some one tell me if I am going to miss much by using this stock device as opposed to the one from CSL. I am still kicking myself for making this stupid mistake.

Regards
Ron
post #325 of 368 Old 12-09-13, 09:25 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

The factory calibration will get you in the ballpark.
post #326 of 368 Old 12-09-13, 09:29 PM
Shackster

Thanks for the instant reply. Do you advice returning the stock Umik-1 and get the one from CSL? I am a newbie to all this and just want to know if it is worth to get the MOST accurate one or just be happy with the one which shows the ball park?
post #327 of 368 Old 12-09-13, 09:44 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

I am CSL, so it would be a little self-serving to recommend myself. The biggest differentiator between what I offer and the factor cal is that I provide off-axis calibrations that are more suitable to room/home theater calibrations, while the on-axis calls provide my MiniDSP are more suited for loudspeaker measurements. But for someone just starting out, I wouldn't sweat the details too much.

Are you in the USA? If so and your mic is in "like-new" condition with all the accessories, I can offer you a trade-in credit toward one of my mics in return for your mic.
post #328 of 368 Old 12-09-13, 10:05 PM
Shackster

Thank you. I will try to call you as I still don't qualify to use PMs.
post #329 of 368 Old 12-09-13, 10:09 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Click on my name, go to the website and find the email contact form there. If you try to call me, you'll never reach me.
post #330 of 368 Old 12-10-13, 11:53 AM
Shackster

Hi Anechoic

I left a VM for you earlier in the day ( before I could read your post) and just now sent an email to you from your website. Now that this is my 5th post, may be I qualify to start using the PM :-)