Cross-Spectrum Microphone Calibration Service - USA - Page 34 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #331 of 368 Old 12-13-13, 12:25 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike R

Re: Cross-Spectrum Microphone Calibration Service - USA

Hi Herb,
I've got 2 pre-USB Behringer ECM8000's!
1 w/o a cal file bought in mid-2008, then 2nd from you via CSL bought late 2010.

kinda getting tired of the whole mobile-pre & loopback thing when doing measurements, so possible time for me to get a USB mic, ha my 3rd mic.
Any discount for a repeat buyer?

Mike R,P.E.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 368 Old 12-13-13, 01:13 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike R

Well looking at CSL site appears the UMM-6 has issue with noise floor that the MiniDSP UMIK-1 does not, hence I'll get the MiniDSP UMIK-1 .

Herb - is the MiniDSP UMIK-1 noise floor confirmed on par with 30-40db of my ECM8000?

http://cross-spectrum.com/measuremen...ated_umik.html

http://cross-spectrum.com/measuremen...ated_umm6.html
Quote:
What is the down side?
There are two issues we have discovered with the UMM-6:

• The UMM-6 microphone has a relatively high noise floor of about 53 dB, compared to a noise floor of 30-40 dBA for the ECM8000 and EMM-6. This noise floor can cause issues with distortion measurements or measurements of quiet sources.

• The microphone may not work properly with software that expects the input device and output device to share the same clock source (for example, ARTA has issues when averaging multiple measurements with the UMM-6).

Mike R,P.E.

post #333 of 368 Old 12-13-13, 01:19 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

The UMIK-1 noise floor is on par with the ECM8000 noise floor (and slightly higher than the EMM-6 noise floor). Bad news is that I'm out of stock of UMIK-1 and since MiniDSP is also out of stock, I may not get any more until sometime in January.

post #334 of 368 Old 12-13-13, 01:27 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike R

Quote:
Anechoic wrote: View Post
The UMIK-1 noise floor is on par with the ECM8000 noise floor (and slightly higher than the EMM-6 noise floor). Bad news is that I'm out of stock of UMIK-1 and since MiniDSP is also out of stock, I may not get any more until sometime in January.
Ok - I'll place my order now and get it when available, thx.

Quote:
Your item(s) sold out
We're sorry, the following item(s) isn't available at this time:

Calibrated MiniDSP UMIK-1
Item number: umik1

Mike R,P.E.

Last edited by mtbdudex; 12-13-13 at 01:40 PM.
post #335 of 368 Old 12-20-13, 09:23 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike R

Got a note fom CSL, MiniDSP UMIK-1 are back in stock!
I just placed my order
Tomorrow I'll put my 2 pre-USB Behringer ECM8000's onto ebay...

Mike R,P.E.

post #336 of 368 Old 12-20-13, 09:24 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

No, no they are not! I had a few left over from the last batch that I'm releasing to folks who had expressed an interest (and for a couple of warranty exchanges), but once these are gone that's going to be it for at least a few weeks.
post #337 of 368 Old 12-21-13, 06:13 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike R

Quote:
Anechoic wrote: View Post
No, no they are not! I had a few left over from the last batch that I'm releasing to folks who had expressed an interest (and for a couple of warranty exchanges), but once these are gone that's going to be it for at least a few weeks.
sorry Herb for confusion - and thx for getting mine out in this batch

Mike R,P.E.

post #338 of 368 Old 12-21-13, 03:27 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

It's okay, it's just that I've found that words on these forums tend to spread quickly and I want to head off the inevitable deluge of "I heard that UMIK-1s were in stock, but the site won't let me order, what's going on??" emails.
post #339 of 368 Old 01-01-14, 09:38 AM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Okay, MiniDSP informed me that a shipment is on it's way and should arrive mid-next week. We're taking pre-orders now and should start shipping by the 15th (hopefully sooner but I want to allow some cushion in case our consulting business flares up).

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by Anechoic; 01-01-14 at 10:48 AM.
post #340 of 368 Old 01-10-14, 01:53 PM
Shackster

There is a lot of information out there, these seem quite popular, so sorry if you answered this else ware. I was wondering how difficult is is to switch between the 90°, 45°, and 0° modes? Do I need to load a calibration file for each one and switch between them depending on use?