Cross-Spectrum Microphone Calibration Service - USA - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 366 Old 06-16-09, 12:37 AM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Re: Cross-Spectrum Microphone Calibration Service

Just as an FYI, it took me a while but I finally have inventory again for the "full" calibrated units so I'm back to same-day shipping for orders placed before 1pm eastern time. I have a limited number of the "basic" calibration so I imagine those will get backordered pretty quickly.

Please note that "special orders" (extended freq response, multiple angles, etc) will still take 4-5 business days to ship.

Also, summer tends to be a busy time for my noise control-consulting business. If you want to send me a mic to cal but you need it back quickly, please contact me, before you mail it so I can see if I can fit it into my schedule. If you just send it, it may be a week or so before I can get it back to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 366 Old 06-16-09, 11:22 AM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to cavchameleon

This is very useful info Anechoic! Thanks for all the info and link to the acoustic calibrator.

I'm looking for a link to your site (for purchase of a calibrated mic) but cannot seem to find it in your alias pop-up.

Ray

Happy Listening!!! Listen with an open mind and heart!!!
post #53 of 366 Old 06-16-09, 11:52 AM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Quote:
cavchameleon wrote: View Post
I'm looking for a link to your site (for purchase of a calibrated mic) but cannot seem to find it in your alias pop-up.
Here you go.
post #54 of 366 Old 06-16-09, 11:55 AM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System

Quote:
Anechoic wrote: View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it! Is there a way to put in in a link to your alias for future inquires (would make it very easy).

Ray

post #55 of 366 Old 06-16-09, 11:59 AM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

I added it to my profile so when you click on "Visit Anechoic's homepage!" under "Anechoic" it goes to that page. Is that what you meant?
post #56 of 366 Old 06-16-09, 12:04 PM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System

Quote:
I added it to my profile so when you click on "Visit Anechoic's homepage!" under "Anechoic" it goes to that page. Is that what you meant?
Yep! Thanks a lot, this was what I was looking for in the first place and could not find a link.

Thanks!
Ray

Ray

post #57 of 366 Old 06-18-09, 07:59 AM
Shackster
Tchao

Quote:
Sorry Tchao, I didn't see this post.

No problem !

I don't know - if the microphone has conventional power and signal connections, then yes, but if it uses some propriety Pioneer connection, then no.
it's a microphone with a jack connexion and no power, only the jack connexion. I tried it with REW, it works well, but without a calibration file it's not really usefull ...
thank you for the answers, I will contact you by email as "Tchao", just to have the link of this conversation.

Bye
post #58 of 366 Old 06-19-09, 12:18 PM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System
Re: Cross-Spectrum Microphone Calibration Service - USA

Anechoic,

Hi! Just placed an order for a full spectrum ECM8000. Just a question, I also have a dbx RTA-M mic. Is it worth getting this one calibrated (would it be more accurate than the ECM8000)? Just wondering if the capsule in the dbx is better than the Behringer version.

Thanks,
Ray

Ray

post #59 of 366 Old 06-19-09, 12:30 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Quote:
cavchameleon wrote: View Post
Anechoic,

Hi! Just placed an order for a full spectrum ECM8000. Just a question, I also have a dbx RTA-M mic. Is it worth getting this one calibrated (would it be more accurate than the ECM8000)? Just wondering if the capsule in the dbx is better than the Behringer version.

Thanks,
Ray
Just got your order and I'll be shipping it shortly.

As for the RTA-M, I've measured a few of them (in fact I own one that came with my Sencore RTA) and they're more consistent from unit-to-unit but they still have the upper frequency diffraction bump that most mics have, although it's higher in frequency than the ECM800's because of the smaller diameter of the ECM8k.

I haven't taken one apart, but I would be surprised if the RTA-M and the ECM8000 used different mic capsules (or at least unrelated capsules). I suspect that dbx's OEM is more careful in assembling the units which accounts for their better consistency. But that's speculation on my part.
post #60 of 366 Old 06-19-09, 12:42 PM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System

Quote:
Just got your order and I'll be shipping it shortly.

As for the RTA-M, I've measured a few of them (in fact I own one that came with my Sencore RTA) and they're more consistent from unit-to-unit but they still have the upper frequency diffraction bump that most mics have, although it's higher in frequency than the ECM800's because of the smaller diameter of the ECM8k.

I haven't taken one apart, but I would be surprised if the RTA-M and the ECM8000 used different mic capsules (or at least unrelated capsules). I suspect that dbx's OEM is more careful in assembling the units which accounts for their better consistency. But that's speculation on my part.
Thanks Anechoic!!! I'll let you know when I receive the mic. As far as the RTA-M, is the price of calibration the same as the ECM8000? I think it would still be nice to have it calibrated if I plan to use it at all. If you need to PM me the info (not sure if price/etc allowed in thread forums), that would be fine.

Ray

Ray