MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone - Page 39 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

4Likes

post #381 of 887 Old 03-05-13, 12:06 AM
Shackster

My System
Re: MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone

I just got my miniDSPandUMIK-1 mic today, first impressions here http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...ved-today.html and I just downloaded the calibration file for mic #700-0345. Would this .txt file be the one you guys already have? If not, let me know if you want it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 887 Old 03-06-13, 01:34 AM
Senior Shackster

Rob41, I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question. When did you order your UMIK-1? I'm still waiting on a shipping notice and am trying to get an idea of where I'm at.

(I emailed MiniDSP a few days ago and haven't heard back, currently my order is just showing as "confirmed")
post #383 of 887 Old 03-06-13, 10:28 AM
Shackster

My System

snowmanick, I placed my order on the 2/18. I too just had the "confirmed" email until the day they shipped. Once shipped it only took 5 days to arrive.

Looking at the miniDSP website I can see shipments for the UMIK-1 mic are delayed.
post #384 of 887 Old 03-06-13, 04:21 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

I believe they are holding shipments until they can iron out the inconsistencies from the 2nd batch.

http://www.minidsp.com/forum/18-umik...&start=54#8302
post #385 of 887 Old 03-10-13, 01:47 PM
Shackster
Nid

My System

Mine was shipped out on the 7th, so hopefully I get it next week..I'm pretty new to all this, but it would have been nice to get lower than 20Hz measurement, but I'm still looking forward to getting it.
post #386 of 887 Old 03-11-13, 06:25 PM
Senior Shackster
monomer

Quote:
Nitrofreakman wrote: View Post
...it would have been nice to get lower than 20Hz measurement...
I have a strong feeling they have the below 20Hz data but are resisting releasing it due to tolerance issue... I don't care if the calibrated values fall a little outside the tolerance, its surely better than no values at all. Perhaps if I start a thread to petition the miniDSP people to release this data to us UMIK owners so we can decide whether we wish to incorporate those value in our calibration file or not instead of them making the decision for us... but then we have to get enough UMIK owners onboard (to post in that thread) to get some attention.

EDIT: here is the thread I just started over there... we get enough UMIK owners to ask for this option and I bet they will release the full cal data for us.
post #387 of 887 Old 03-12-13, 01:24 AM
Shackster
Nid

My System

Quote:
monomer wrote: View Post
I have a strong feeling they have the below 20Hz data but are resisting releasing it due to tolerance issue... I don't care if the calibrated values fall a little outside the tolerance, its surely better than no values at all. Perhaps if I start a thread to petition the miniDSP people to release this data to us UMIK owners so we can decide whether we wish to incorporate those value in our calibration file or not instead of them making the decision for us... but then we have to get enough UMIK owners onboard (to post in that thread) to get some attention.

EDIT: here is the thread I just started over there... we get enough UMIK owners to ask for this option and I bet they will release the full cal data for us.
I have to agree with that idea, unless of course it would make the mic inconsistent across the whole frequency range to use the other file..I'm still very excited about getting it ( although I have so much to learn ), and I'm already very impressed with the speed that it's travelling at, it was already in Richmond BC, I'm guessing it will show up very soon...now to figure out REW

I'll check out your other thread right now..
post #388 of 887 Old 03-13-13, 03:17 PM
Shackster

My System

Others may already be aware of this but it was new to me. A couple weeks went by after receiving my UMIK-1 and the miniDSP 4x10 and I get a bill in the mail for $34.63. I'm sure it's kosher but is something I hadn't thought of. The charges are the import fees and taxes. If you're getting just the mic it will surely be much less.

Just thought I'd pass this along so nobody gets surprised.
post #389 of 887 Old 03-13-13, 03:22 PM
Shackster
Alex

Quote:
Rob41 wrote: View Post
Others may already be aware of this but it was new to me. A couple weeks went by after receiving my UMIK-1 and the miniDSP 4x10 and I get a bill in the mail for $34.63. I'm sure it's kosher but is something I hadn't thought of. The charges are the import fees and taxes. If you're getting just the mic it will surely be much less.

Just thought I'd pass this along so nobody gets surprised.
That's weird. I ordered the UMIK awhile ago, got the replacement a couple weeks ago, and I think it's been a couple weeks since I received my 2X4 and I haven't gotten any import fees or charges. I wonder if they're on the way.

Philharmonic 3, Custom Center (Jordan Watts Module), Source Technology RC4/8.3, EMP E41B, Jeff Bagby Mandolin, CSS SDX10 Custom Sub (Baby Boomer), Custom LMS Ultra Dual Opposed, Custom 18" Pierce Audio Sub
post #390 of 887 Old 03-13-13, 05:01 PM
Shackster

My System

Maybe it had something to do with the way they shipped mine. For some reason they sent my stuff through Fedex. Could be something to do with the way Fedex process imports as opposed to speedpost and USPS?