MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone - Page 56 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

4Likes

post #551 of 887 Old 05-06-13, 08:00 PM
Elite Shackster

Re: MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone

Quote:
rmalak wrote: View Post
I forgot to add this after I received my UMIK from CSL but better late than never. Here are the two cal files overlaid. The dark line is CSL (0 degree narrow band) and the light one is Mini DSP.

Interesting

Good thing is you can load the CSL file into every measurement you have saved (when measuring with the UMIK), to get the up to date accurate measurement.

Last edited by Phillips; 05-06-13 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 887 Old 05-06-13, 08:11 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
rmalak wrote: View Post
I forgot to add this after I received my UMIK from CSL but better late than never.
Wait, he's got them for sale already? Can't find them on the website. Or was that privately done?
post #553 of 887 Old 05-06-13, 08:28 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Big thanks to this thread and for everyone who helped on it. I would have never known my calibration file down to 5hz was off on my first gen Umik and just received my refund from MiniDSP.

That's really good customer service from them and they will continue to get my business in the future.

A little off topic but has anyone used there OpenDRC products? I was particularly interested in the Analog version that has actual XLR inputs and outputs and comes as a more complete version than the normal MiniDSP balanced. Just looking for DSP control over my subs for an LT and such without the hassles of finding the right power supply and hooking up phoenix connectors.

BeeMan458 wrote:

It's easier for you to prove I'm crazy than it is for me to prove I'm not.

post #554 of 887 Old 05-06-13, 08:47 PM
Shackster

Quote:
redsandvb wrote: View Post
Wait, he's got them for sale already? Can't find them on the website. Or was that privately done?
No this was privately done. I bought my UMIK from MiniDSP and then sent it to CSL.

AVR - Onkyo TX-SR709
Amp - Rotel 985 Mkii
Speakers:
Fronts - Aperion Verus Grand Towers
Center - Energy RC-LCR
Sub - SVS PB-12NSD
Surrounds - Energy CR-10 x4
post #555 of 887 Old 05-06-13, 10:36 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Ahh, Ok. Thanks.
I'm hoping to be able to get one when they're available from them.
post #556 of 887 Old 05-06-13, 10:59 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Quote:
redsandvb wrote: View Post
Ahh, Ok. Thanks.
I'm hoping to be able to get one when they're available from them.
I'm going to try my best to make this happen sooner rather than later, especially since I'm no longer selling the ECM8000.
post #557 of 887 Old 05-07-13, 12:39 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Anechoic wrote: View Post
I'm going to try my best to make this happen sooner rather than later, especially since I'm no longer selling the ECM8000.
That'll be just Great! Hope I don't miss the announcement!
post #558 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 02:53 AM
Shackster
JonP

Quote:
sub_crazy wrote: View Post
I have one of the first generation UMIK-1's with the original calibration file and it to the best of my knowledge has worked OK. Are they asking for all the UMIK's back for a refund or only the second generation?
I also have an earlier one (#95) and am not certain what the options are. Have an email in to miniDSP, but am going on vacation and probably won't easily get mail for a week...

I have a drastically different new cal file, compared to my old one, haven't had the time to check noise level for the noise problem. I'm wondering why I and others I've seen posted, have a large peak now around 10khz, where the old file is pretty flat up there. Had been getting the impression that this is just a low end issue. Bothers me that they're so different you'd think completely different mic's....

OTOH, our example of a CSL cal'ed mic, and a lot of other small capsule based ones, have that high end peak. So, it's likely real. Maybe. I really can't say... So can I trust the new cal? That's the problem.

Let's see if the pic link works: Aha.. it does, but I need to up the pic size... You can always follow the link if you cant read it. Dark is original 5hz file from around January, lighter Blue is current file from a couple days ago...
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
post #559 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 03:09 AM
Senior Shackster
monomer

Quote:
JonP wrote: View Post
...am going on vacation and probably won't easily get mail for a week...
In that case you'd better hurry up and make up your mind on what you are going to do because there is a deadline on taking advantage of those options miniDSP is offering... its May 16th I believe... that's like next week.
post #560 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 04:13 PM
Shackster

Doh, I almost ordered a Umik-1, glad I saw this thread. Does anyone know when the third generation will be available to order?