MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone - Page 57 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

4Likes

post #561 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 05:14 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Re: MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone

Quote:
Anechoic wrote: View Post
I'm going to try my best to make this happen sooner rather than later, especially since I'm no longer selling the ECM8000.
Okay, commitment time.

I'll open up orders on the site sometime on Monday here (page not active yet), prices to be determined, but will be in the ballpark of the UMM-6. $5 discount for HTS. I'll hopefully be able to start shipping early next week as well, and be up to speed by the end of the week.

FYI, I only have 24 mics right now, as I mentioned earlier, I only get what MiniDSP can spare for the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #562 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 08:49 PM
Shackster
Roy

My System

Quote:
uncola wrote: View Post
Doh, I almost ordered a Umik-1, glad I saw this thread. Does anyone know when the third generation will be available to order?
+1

I've returned mine and got PP credited. I haven't given up on the UMIK-1 yet and will probably order the next generation if its well received by others. I won't be the guinea pig.
post #563 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 08:52 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Okay, commitment time.

I'll open up orders on the site sometime on Monday here (page not active yet), prices to be determined, but will be in the ballpark of the UMM-6. $5 discount for HTS. I'll hopefully be able to start shipping early next week as well, and be up to speed by the end of the week.

FYI, I only have 24 mics right now, as I mentioned earlier, I only get what MiniDSP can spare for the moment.
That's exciting news. I forgot to ask earlier, calibration will be same as for the UMM-6? 5Hz - 25kHz, etc., etc.?
post #564 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 09:52 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Okay, commitment time.

Excellent!

Are you planning on keeping the sens info in the calibration file? Its not a game changer by any means, but it is nice to have (if accurate).
post #565 of 887 Old 05-09-13, 10:10 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Okay, commitment time.

Would you be able to tell us the serial number range of the ones you have so we can determine which batch they came from?
post #566 of 887 Old 05-10-13, 11:07 AM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Quote:
redsandvb wrote: View Post
That's exciting news. I forgot to ask earlier, calibration will be same as for the UMM-6? 5Hz - 25kHz, etc., etc.?
Yep. Basic+ level only thought, no sensitivity or polar measurements.

Quote:
snowmanick wrote: View Post
Are you planning on keeping the sens info in the calibration file? Its not a game changer by any means, but it is nice to have (if accurate).
Short answer is "no." I'm not measuring sensitivity on my own because I'm still not convinced I can do it accurately (I get different results depending on OS, I'm not convinced I know what the Window control panel volume setting does, etc). With the phantom-powered ECM8000 and EMM-6, I can hook the mic to a known accurate sound level meter or voltmeter and determine the exact output voltage per input pressure and that gives me a canonical value I can trust. I don't have that option with USB mics and rather than delivering a number I'm not confident in, I'd rather not do it at all.

I could take the factory number and put it in the file, but I'm afraid that while it might work for REW, other programs that don't recognize that number might freak out and leave me to deal with support emails/phone calls. For that reason, I'm just going to punt. Sorry.

Quote:
Mattcc22 wrote: View Post
Would you be able to tell us the serial number range of the ones you have so we can determine which batch they came from?
Looks like the serial numbers of the units I have are in the 700-05xx range. The rep said that this was a new revision that addressed the noise floor issue (I have not confirmed).
post #567 of 887 Old 05-10-13, 11:28 AM
Shackster

Thanks for all the responses! I just got my refund and will try to grab one from you on Monday.

I would say if you want the sensitivity data, just download the original minidsp file and cut and paste into the new file, trying to match up the frequency as much as possible.
post #568 of 887 Old 05-13-13, 12:00 AM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

FYI, it is now Monday on the east coast.
post #569 of 887 Old 05-13-13, 06:39 AM
Shackster

Quote:
FYI, it is now Monday on the east coast.
Just ordered one. Thanks!
post #570 of 887 Old 05-13-13, 07:29 AM
Shackster

Just ordered one myself, thanks for providing this calibration service