MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone - Page 62 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

4Likes

post #611 of 887 Old 05-28-13, 09:52 PM
Shackster

Re: MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone

Wow,

That fast. Only 2 days ago you told me 11 pcs left and now all gone.

Began
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #612 of 887 Old 05-28-13, 10:51 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Yep. I'm guessing graduation season is over, summer has begun and folks are looking toward tweaking their audio systems.
post #613 of 887 Old 05-28-13, 11:08 PM
Shackster

Anechoic,

I hope I put in my order early enough to make it. Really looking forward to using the UMIK with REW in place of my current XTZ Room Analyzer.

Best Regards,
WongKN
post #614 of 887 Old 05-28-13, 11:09 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Quote:
WongKN wrote: View Post
Anechoic,

I hope I put in my order early enough to make it. Really looking forward to using the UMIK with REW in place of my current XTZ Room Analyzer.
Yes, your order made it. If folks try to order now, they'll get a message that it's sold out.
post #615 of 887 Old 05-28-13, 11:27 PM
Shackster

Thanks for your confirmation. Good to know that.
post #616 of 887 Old 05-29-13, 07:15 AM
Shackster

Does the UMIK1 sold in CSL comes with the correct files so it act as a calibrated SPL meter (when used in REW) too?
I'm not sure if my old RS SPL meter is accurate anymore...therefore I hope the UMIK1 can kill two birds with one stone. (as a mic in REW and SPL meter too).
post #617 of 887 Old 05-29-13, 10:01 AM
Shackster
Roy

My System

+1. I was wondering about that too.
Will this UMIK have all the features that the UMIK offered by minidsp in the original version?

Last edited by rajacat; 05-29-13 at 11:01 AM.
post #618 of 887 Old 05-29-13, 10:50 AM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

I don't make sensitivity measurements for USB mics (at least for the moment), I'm not convinced I can do them correctly. You should be able to download the factory sensitivity info from miniDSP and add that to the cal files I generate to measure absolute SPL.
post #619 of 887 Old 05-29-13, 12:34 PM
Shackster

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit. I have been doing a bit of research on what else I will need for using REW with my notebook (laptop) besides the UMIK mike. Will still continue the research but I thought it might be more effective to ask the forum here.

The REW 'manual' suggests I might possibly need to also get an external soundcard as I am not able to run my notebook's internal soundcard in loopback mode in order to calibrate it. Without calibration of the (headphones) output, the REW measurements will not be accurate. Is this correct ? Has anyone tried using REW with a notebook/laptop without an external soundcard ? Is there a way to do it ?
post #620 of 887 Old 05-29-13, 04:49 PM
REW Author

John

Quote:
WongKN wrote: View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit. I have been doing a bit of research on what else I will need for using REW with my notebook (laptop) besides the UMIK mike. Will still continue the research but I thought it might be more effective to ask the forum here.

The REW 'manual' suggests I might possibly need to also get an external soundcard as I am not able to run my notebook's internal soundcard in loopback mode in order to calibrate it. Without calibration of the (headphones) output, the REW measurements will not be accurate. Is this correct ? Has anyone tried using REW with a notebook/laptop without an external soundcard ? Is there a way to do it ?
If you use a USB mic soundcard loopback calibration is not relevant.