MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone - Page 77 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

4Likes

post #761 of 887 Old 02-14-14, 09:58 PM
Senior Shackster
Jeff Grucella

My System
Re: MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone

I need a adapter so I can mount the UMIK-1 to my camera tripod but do not know the thread size of ether the tripod or that mike clip thingy for the UMIK . can someone direct me to what adapter I need. (the tripod is mail and the mike clip thing is female) if that helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #762 of 887 Old 02-14-14, 10:24 PM
Senior Shackster
Anechoic

Quote:
flamingeye wrote: View Post
I need a adapter so I can mount the UMIK-1 to my camera tripod but do not know the thread size of ether the tripod or that mike clip thingy for the UMIK . can someone direct me to what adapter I need. (the tripod is mail and the mike clip thing is female) if that helps
Camera tripod threads tend to be 1/4-20. The UMIK-1 mic holder (as well as the UMM-6, ECM8000 and EMM-6 holders) are 5/8 with a 3/8 adapter. You can get 3/8 to 1/4-20 adapters from Amazon and eBay among other places.
post #763 of 887 Old 02-15-14, 10:35 AM
Senior Shackster
Jeff Grucella

My System

thanks' I wasn't able to buy one from amazon for some strange reason I buy from them all the time but they wouldn't let me get that little gadget very strange but I did at ebay , again thanks' who would think such a little thing would be so important .
post #764 of 887 Old 02-16-14, 02:15 AM
Shackster

My System

Well I read the first 26 pages of this thread and also the last 4 pages.. I am just learning about REW and now I think I know a little about this UMIK-1
There is one thing I'm not clear on.
I have a 2010 Macbook pro No HDMI..So I will need to use a Mic out from Mac to 2xRCA
What do I plug the RCA into on my AVR?
Also I'm wondering if I could use the Mini Display Port-to-HDMI Adapter?

Thanks
post #765 of 887 Old 03-02-14, 02:37 PM
Shackster

todd

need help, I just installed everything per instructions, mini dsp umik1 , asio newest version , rew newest version , but when opening rew it does not see my mic, when running preference set up I set asio as my driver, asio4all as device, and in advanced I try to set umik1 up and it is not listed under any term? I'm using a windows 7 laptop?

Last edited by sandworms; 03-02-14 at 10:57 PM.
post #766 of 887 Old 03-02-14, 11:28 PM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
sandworms wrote: View Post
need help, I just installed everything per instructions, mini dsp umik1 , asio newest version , rew newest version , but when opening rew it does not see my mic, when running preference set up I set asio as my driver, asio4all as device, and in advanced I try to set umik1 up and it is not listed under any term? I'm using a windows 7 laptop?
Did you boot up w/ umik plugged in ? I know when I did it didn't work.
Do you have only one USB on PC? try using another maybe..Does LED on umik light up?
I just started using REW last week. I had to go through the settings multiple times before I got things going..
Good luck
post #767 of 887 Old 03-04-14, 10:03 AM
Shackster

todd

Quote:
workingclass wrote: View Post
Did you boot up w/ umik plugged in ? I know when I did it didn't work.
Do you have only one USB on PC? try using another maybe..Does LED on umik light up?
I just started using REW last week. I had to go through the settings multiple times before I got things going..
Good luck
I went to the Minidsp forum and found I wasn't the only one with this issue, seems you have to push really hard on the usb cable where it enters the mic until it clicks. So now my rew is seeing the mic, but when I do the next step in set up (per the umik1 set up guide w/hdmi) for the output dropdown, I don't have 8 channels to choose from, only 2, and when I hit the generate tab I get no sound through my onkyo 1010 with the hdmi hooked to it's front panel
post #768 of 887 Old 03-05-14, 01:33 AM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
sandworms wrote: View Post
I went to the Minidsp forum and found I wasn't the only one with this issue, seems you have to push really hard on the usb cable where it enters the mic until it clicks. So now my rew is seeing the mic, but when I do the next step in set up (per the umik1 set up guide w/hdmi) for the output dropdown, I don't have 8 channels to choose from, only 2, and when I hit the generate tab I get no sound through my onkyo 1010 with the hdmi hooked to it's front panel
That happened to me also.. I just don't remember what I did to correct it. Double check and recheck all your settings is the best advice I can give.
post #769 of 887 Old 03-05-14, 11:37 PM
Shackster
toniok

Very simple question: Is there a difference in purchasing this mic from Cross Spectrum and miniDSP?

Thanks.
post #770 of 887 Old 03-05-14, 11:41 PM
Senior Shackster

Matt

Quote:
toniok wrote: View Post
Very simple question: Is there a difference in purchasing this mic from Cross Spectrum and miniDSP?

Thanks.

Yes- CSL calibrates the mic, and provides the calibration files. The CS is great!

However, my AVR calibrated my system and my rat shack meter matched it - 75db exactly. But my UMIK and REW read 2-3 DB lower. But down low the UMIK and rat shack are a dead match.

If it weren't for the fact the AVR was a dead match with the rat shack I wouldn't even question resetting to 75 db with the UMIK.

In any event it's worth it to get it from Herb.

Last edited by pdxrealtor; 03-05-14 at 11:55 PM.