Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Why not Radio Shack for full scale measurements?

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  brucek 
G
#1 ·
Hi All, Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and couldn't find the answer.

Is it because the correction file doesn't go to full scale?

thanks

Albert

#5 ·
bruce, do you have experience with both? I just ordered the behringer combo but am now thinking the Galaxy would be better simply because it's smaller and consists of one piece instead of two.

#6 ·
Well, I own the ECM8000 and 802 combination, and its only shortcoming is that you require a cheap SPL meter to initially set the SPL level in the room to match REW's meter. This means it's quite expensive for someone who starts out with nothing and has to buy all the gear.

But you have a cheap SPL meter, so I would recommend the ECM and 802 preamp. It's a better microphone and its balanced output allows for a long cable to be used to connect it to the preamp. The Galaxy is only an unbalanced output.
The 802 preamp also allows you quite a range of output voltage, where the Galaxy is a fixed output.

brucek

#7 ·
Sounds good. I guess I won't cancel the order.
Now I just need to find out why output voltage matters. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.