Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

QUIETEST greater than 2ch x 1200W 4ohm amp ?

8K views 52 replies 8 participants last post by  kouack 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Quest 3004 has oodles of power for my needs but its annoying me due to its fan noise. Looked into modifying the unit but decided not to go that way.

Please make some suggestions on what else is out there at or over this power rating and remains quiet ?

Anyone tried one of the Face digital amps like the F1800DN ?

Any help would be appreciated.

#49 ·
As A9X says, it might do it, but it is not wise to risk it. If one was going to do it I would be VERY careful about watching the temperature of the amp. If you buy an amp and push it beyond its design then find that it tends to overheat or fails early in its life, where are you then? Frankly, I am just not a fan of bridging in general.

#50 ·
If you really need 1200 watts @ 4 ohms a side try to score a QSC MX3000A or JBL MPX1200 (a re badged QSC) or QSC EX4000 you will get 3200 watts Bridged @ 4 ohms and the amp is rated for, i own one replaced the fan in it and cannot ear it. Plus the amp have been tested by Blink( a respected guy in pro sound world) and the amp did deliver the goods. Crown CE4000 could be a nice contender too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.