Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Buttkicker Vs. EP2500

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  woozy_one 
#1 ·
after my experience with my EP2500 and not as much output as i expected (and me being picky) I am wondering if anyone has actually had the two and compared them directly.

If the EP2500 does truly output more (bridged and not) then the BK?

If there was someone in Minnesota (twin cities area) that has a BK i would be more then willing to compare the two.

I am more or less wondering if i made the right decision of the EP over the BK.

#4 ·
Did you check the EP-2500 review?

#6 · (Edited)
That review really doesn't tell us much.

yes, but the question is how the BK compares on true output and quality ouput.
In real world conditions, the BKA is obviously a step below the EP2500, but it does depend on what you're looking for. I'd say just give it a shot. You should be able to find a used one for around $200. One thing for sure, it is more efficient than the EP2500.

#7 ·
I think there is no need to open a new thread, as this one seems to be comparing amplifiers....:bigsmile: What do you think about the Carvin HD 1800, and the Carvin DCM 2500. Look great bang for the buck!! Also, the way they are rated seem quite serious! I think the Carvin DCM 2500 is quite strong for just 600 $

Blaser

#11 ·
I can attest to the quality of the EP 2500. It may not be a high dollar item but it is built like a tank and is handling it's job for me quite well. I opened mine up to swap the fan out for a quiet fan and the component quality seems decent. It drives my 4 RLP-15's at 4 ohms quite well. It is a good amp for the price and mine has performed flawlessly. Just a small bit of info for you to help with the decision.

The Behringer EP 2500 is one of the recommended amps in the IB arena. Low cost power with decent quality.

#12 ·
I find my EP2500 has some slight coloration below 8Hz if I push my IB much above 120dB with a really vicious housecurve dialed in.
But it may just be a coincidental effect of the house falling down around me.
Fortunately the EP2500 has a nice strong case. The ceiling joists just bounce right off! :T

#18 ·
I took my EP2500 apart as well (for the fan quiet mod)- a EE buddy of mine was amazed by the high-quality of the components and said it was worth far more than the price.

As far as the power it puts out- there was some review of it on the net where they had to use it to power a space heater to make it draw enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.