Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

cerwin vaga amp

Tags
amp cerwin vaga
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  scottthehat 
#1 ·
Hi is anyone using the cerwin vaga cv range of amps to power there subs and if so what's the thoughts on these amps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using HT Shack

#2 ·
I have heard of a few people using these amps and they said they performed great. They are very heavy but perform. There are other options though so its just a matter of preference is all. What wattage are you after?

#4 · (Edited)
Hi guys thanks.
I have just purchase a cv2800 as my Nu3000 went belly up and was not repairable.
And this come up and so far it's powering both my 15inch acoustic elegance Av15x
Where as the nu3000 wouldn't run both when it was pushed but it run one nicely in bridged.

Just changed fans but man does it get hot.
more so on the right side which is odd as you would think it would be pretty even,
I have fitted a fan on that side with more air flow but still might change that for one with more air flow, or get a slimline fan and fit at the front of the heat sinks blowing air through the sinks while the fan at the back pull hot air out.

The original fans where 24v and I have changed to 12v and using a separate psu which is running out the back.

heres the beast(its 21.5kg)

#6 ·
Hi mike, it gets as hot with stock fans, the top has stickers on saying it gets hot, also the top actually screws to the heat sink so I think its part of the design to draw heat away(see picture 3 holes in each side), I'm looking at getting another fan and fitting in between the heat sink and the filter at the front drawing air from the front blowing it through the heat sink and the fan on the back drawing it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.