Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Having problems with ep2500, constant highpass?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  JRace 
#1 ·
well i was playing with some tones because i had noticed i was missing some low notes in songs, 100-20hz sweep, onkyo reciever, ep2500 and tc2000 12 in sonotube tuned to ~19-20hz, signal is ran through a ground loop isolator and then a reckhorn b-1

rodny built it for me, i played around alot with specs of box and etc, so i doubt its something to do with box, and i highly doubt it has anything to do with the room

but to the problem, i was playing tones and i noitced it started dropping out at ~40-50hz, but by the time you get to 30-35hz its almost gone, you can still hear a tad bit, and in the 20s is hardly nothing, you can feel the sub move a slight bit, its not playing under tuning, because its barely moving

i couldnt figure out what it was because i had the b1 set right, then i bypassed reciever and other stuff and went from my laptop directly to the amp, still was the same and i remembered the switches on the back, but i set them right to my knowledge from the manual because i know the switches are backwards

i even started switching some around and it kinda fixed it but i noticed an echo in it now, when you stop it, the bass would continue and kinda pulsate, i didnt play around with it long like that

switches
black is where the switches are
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

if you can read that^

any help, kinda threw alot of stuff in real fast so if you cant understand just let me know

thanks guys

See less See more
#2 ·
well i even changed it from bridged mode to each channel and went between those 2, still nothing

it starts dropping of, where i can tell at 47hz and just keeps going down, loudest is in the 55hz area, its seeming like tuning is at 50hz or so and then jut starts rolling off

im going to play around with it in my truck tomorrow and see, got enough power in there to get it going

#8 ·
i was listening in both, the sub is in the corner behind my tv and stuff, but mostly lately near it

1st i was using my ps3 to play cd and go through all the equipment, then i was using laptop, its a xps1330, just onboard sound, cd is a bass mekanik with tones 20-100hz i think -3db maybe 0db, and sweeps form 100-20 and 40-0

im going to pull it out of the corner when i get home from school and see

#9 ·
First off a Ground loop isolator (if its a cheaper one) have a rolloff in the low region which cant be helping. I know you tested it without it but just for future reference.

secondly, burn those test tones on a cd and do it that way. computers are notorious for having bad rolloff especially when they are integrated sound.

Are you using a SPL meter?

Im with THXgoon on this one, you could have a null in you're room that is killing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.