Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Why separate forum section for svs?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Tonto 
#1 ·
New to this group. Would like know why svs speaker forum section separated from other speakers. Is SVS so special?

#2 ·
A little history of the site: The designer/co-owner and active site moderator who created and ran this site since its birth set it up that way. About a year ago that said individual sold his site. He now works at SVS.

He still frequents the boards and was at one time a main contributor to questions asked. Miss ya Sonnie...:sad:

And SVS is a sponser on the site, and SVS responds to questions about SVS products in the SVS forum...this was in place long time prior to Sonnie ever selling the site or thinking about working for SVS.

Hope that helps. IMHO SVS ROCKS...

#4 ·
SVS has been a major sponsor of the HTS from the get go and Sonnie is no longer working there. SVS is very good and highly recommended but they are not the only sponsor that has its own section here.

#8 ·
Yup, top notch build quality and sound. They are right up there with speakers and subs costing much more.

#9 ·
I have 4 of their subs and looking for a 5th...Cost to quality hard to beat. Excellent Customer Service.

#11 ·
They are indeed special. I own two of their subs and the cost to value is off the charts. Not to mention there are countless stories of their customer service going above and beyond for both customers as well as prospective customers. Most people who put in the time to research subwoofer purchases at least consider if not finally deciding to purchase from them.

#12 ·
I can vouch for SVS CS. Top notch and they were super to discuss my issues with them.

I 100% can guarantee you that my SVS Ultra system will be in my theater for a very long time. I see no reason to desire more.

#13 ·
Yep, back when I was getting into HT, talk started up about a new ID company making subs. Started out with 3 models, all cylinders (16-46/low, 25-31/loud, 20-39/best of both) and they set the bar for cost/output value. Been a fan ever since! I bought one of the 1st PB-13 Ultras during their pre-release debut, it's still sitting in my room & it's still impressing me! They deserve their forum, they earned it. And yes, there are other ID sub companies that produce great subs...some which sport a better cost/output factor! Just check out the PSA site, also one of our sponsors (same guy that started it all).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.