Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Svs ultra towers vs bookshelf

25K views 53 replies 5 participants last post by  willis7469 
#1 ·
Hello guys I'm building a new home theater and need some help. Looking at the ultra towers center and then prime sats for rears. Or the ultra bookshelf center and ultra surrounds. My room is 17x20 and I will be using an pb-1000 that I had previously. What would be better ? And I have a marantz 7008. Thanks for the help in advance.

#38 ·
I think that's a great idea. The more information you have, the better. Plus, who knows SVS like SVS? I suspect you'll end up with a prime system, with a pair of 2000 series subs. Haven't done the math etc, but I know you get multiple sub discounts, and who knows, they might have some B-stock or blems to help the budget. Fwiw, I think if you go that route, and take the time to set it up, you will have a real nice setup. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 ·
The klipsch premier will be easier to drive and may have "slightly" better highs however with the Prime towers having a dedicated mid range driver it will have a better (smoother) frequency response across the mids.

#43 ·
The svs scs would make great surround speakers, That would save you money to upgrade your mains center and subs. I would not replace them just move them to your surrounds.

#51 ·
If you have young children in the house that touch your speakers a gloss finish is not great. Dust also shows up on a gloss finish much more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.