Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

SVS Prime Elevation Speaker Review Discussion Thread

12K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  theJman 
#1 ·

SVS refers to its Prime Elevation speaker ($199/pair) as “the world’s most versatile home theater speaker.” While that sounds like blanket marketing jargon, it may in fact be true. Elevation, you see, is a highly adaptable and well-designed dynamo that delivers big on performance and practicality. In this review, we’ll test Elevation’s mettle with two-channel stereo and Atmos duty challenges, and take an in depth look at what makes this little speaker tick. If you’re looking for an Atmos solution that doesn’t require the hassle of installing true in-ceiling speakers, then stick around because this might just be the speaker you’ve been looking for.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: SVS Sound Prime Elevation Speaker Review Discussion Thread

Just a couple of notes:

The speakers are $199 each (not $199/pair)...

And SVS is in the process of tooling a special ceiling mount bracket that will allow the speaker to be hung on a ceiling (this information has been edited into the review after its first posting).

#3 ·

Thank You Todd, good review. These are kind of exciting because they could be well used on a sloped ceiling/side wall like in my room. Hmmm the mind wanders where the pocket book cannot. :crying2:

Reactions: Lumen
#4 ·

Thank You Todd, good review. These are kind of exciting because they could be well used on a sloped ceiling/side wall like in my room. Hmmm the mind wanders where the pocket book cannot. :crying2:
Definitely... these speakers can be mounted in a reverse (upside down) orientation and that would take care of your walls ;-)

Great speakers and great sound. Given the size, they are head turners!

Time to start saving! ;-)

#5 ·

Nice way to get an Atmos setup without it turning into a construction project. The fact they sound good is a bonus. Just curious, how does the port fare placed that close to the wall? Any audible drawback?

#7 ·

Nice way to get an Atmos setup without it turning into a construction project.
Certainly a hurdle! I can't find the post now, but one creative installer built a temporary rail system on the ceiling so that Atmos speakers could be repositioned without having to drill/cut into it.

#12 · (Edited)

I installed two as front presence speakers (but set as "overhead" in my AVR). See the photo below. Given I have a drop ceiling that extends 1/3 into the room, I was able to mount them on the leading face. They do also function as "ceiling" speakers (as the project down to my listening position) fulfilling my ATMOS expectations. They sound great and blend with my Totem Tribe II's well. They are quite robust little units.

Mounting was OK. The template they provide worked well. My only "complaint" would be how loose the interface is when the speaker is attached to the wall mount bracket.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.