Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

SVS PB-13 Ultra Bookshelves affordable match

6K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  beyond 1000 
#1 ·
I want to buy the SVS PB-13 Ultra but since I know that my pioneer speakers wont do it, I need the speakers relatively small, the sit next to my 27'' iMac because it looks ugly if the speakers a big next to the screen.

Are there any speaker out there within the €250/$250 Bookshelves, that perform well.

#4 ·
#6 ·
You are going to be running into issues blending anything that small with an Ultra. As soon as the volume increases, the speakers are going to start compressing and the Ultra won't even be trying. It kind of limits how much the Ultra is adding to the system.

In you price range, and close to the size, my best suggestion would be something like the AudioEngine A5 (or A5+ used) or P4's. Still looking at a small speaker, maybe a used pair of Paradigm Millenia 1's, or save up a bit longer and get Paradigm Studio 10's.

Is there room to fit a larger speaker in your set up, and it is just aesthetics you are concerned about, or are you actually severely size constrained in your room?

#7 ·
I'm convinced to use slightly bigger speakers, perhaps the Klipsch RB 41 II? or something similar. Also is an High sensitivity a good thing, or does that drain the sound quality?

And there is also the fact that my AVC-A1SE is only 2x170 @8Ohm.

My room is 3m W 5m L 3m H, so I don't have a lot of space and aesthetics are a important fact its like, performance 9 design 7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.