Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Quick polarity question

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Prof. 
#1 ·
This is kind of a dumb question, but if I'm getting some towers to use as surrounds, will I have to mess with their polarity at all to keep them from cancelling each other's low end out? I'm using two Klipsch RF-5s in the front, and will have some RF-3s for the sides very soon, and something about all those woofers facing each other and mirroring their sound waves just doesn't seem right to me. I believe the receiver crosses them over at 60 hertz, though I run the "double bass" option in the large speaker settings, so that might just kill the crossover.. Don't really know for sure though, I'm still fairly new to this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#3 ·
Sounds like a plan, thanks for the response :) Tomorrow is gonna rock!

#5 ·
IT'S. SO. PERFECT. :hail::hail:

I literally bottomed-out my eardrums, and there wasn't even the slightest hint of speaker distortion. The mids, ohhhhhh those mids.. I didn't even know what I was missing til I got 5 Tractrix horns, 2 6.5" woofers, 8 8" woofers and a 1,500w Velodyne sub melting my face :D The 1812 Overature finale with cannons firing was MIND BLOWING :hush: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.