Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Harman Kardon AVR 635 setup

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rambo4 
#1 ·
I have my system hooked up, but am a bit confused about how to properly set up my HK AVR 635 receiver. I am not really sure what I am trying to accomplish in the first step of the "In/Out Setup" process called for in the owners manual. Am I supposed to select source for the purpose of telling the receiver which inputs I will be using? And am I supposed to make a selection for every choice listed? What exactly is the purpose of this?

My intention is to have the Blu-Ray do the processing and simply use the receiver for amplification and volume control. I have a Panasonic Blu-Ray player that has the latest Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio capabilities and am sending the audio to the receiver analog via the 6 channel direct inputs.

Also, when using analog inputs to the receiver, is it correct to use the pre-out to the subwoofer? I have a Velodyne Impact 12. It doesn't seem to be doing much when I have everything going. I'm thinking I have it hooked up incorrectly or it needs to be adjusted during the receiver setup process.

Thanks for any help,

Boz

#2 ·
It is correct to use the preout to the subwoofer and attach it to the LFE input on the velo. If you are not getting much output I would double check your crossover settings, and check your settings (speakers set to small, etc..) before you do the EZset/Eq setup on the Harman.

I used to own one, that is what I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.