Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Need help with a speaker set-up.

Tags
set-up.
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chadnliz 
#1 ·
Hey all...I have a question about my speaker set-up through my Blu-Ray.

This is what I'm working with
50" Panasonic Plasma with Viera
Sony BluRay Player
Sony Bravia Theater DAV-HDX589W Home theater system

Now the Home Theater System has a built in dvd-player, but I don't want to use that since I have the Blu-Ray.

Well this is what I have connected =

BluRay to TV through HDMI cable
Home Theater to TV through HDMI cable

Well I can listen to the home theater with just the tv going regular, but if I try to watch a BluRay the home theater doesn't work.

How can I set it up where I can play BluRay's and still use the Home Theater? do I need to connect it the the BluRay also, or switch it back and forth between the TV and BluRay player?

Thanks!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Your DVD player probably doesnt have an digital audio input but if it does hook up a toslink or digital coax to it from your Bluray.......the HDMI will give it the video and the digital sound will output via that connection noted earlier. If it doesnt have digital inputs your out of luck, thats the problem with all in one gear as it cant be upgraded many times its a dedicated system that cant be added too. If you have RCA stereo inputs you will get sound and can output that way but its not gonna be very good as its not digital.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.