Blue Screen on 73" DLP - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound XTZ Sound Marantz OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Standout Design DSP Axiom Audio

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Home Theater - Audio / Video > System Setup and Connection
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 2027 - Replies: 6  
Old 04-13-11, 12:02 PM   #1

Since: Apr 2011
I started this thread.
Blue Screen on 73" DLP

Model : Mitsubishi WD73C9 73" C9 Series DLP

I purchased this TV about five months ago and have cable, a PS3, XBOX 360 and PC hooked up to it via HDMI cables. The PC is using a DVI > HDMI cable to adapt it to the HDMI input. Everything has been working fine until a few days ago I turned it on for the first time during the day and the cable worked fine on it but all three of the HDMI devices it sits at a blue screen then eventually says its going to turn off because theirs no signal.

I unplugged all three HDMI cables, turned off the TV and unplugged it for about 5 mins. I plugged the power back in and turned it back on then plugged in one device at a time and now the XBOX and PS3 are working but the PC is not.

I can re-plug in the PC and the TV and PC detects that something is plugged in but still only displays a blue screen. When I plug the PC into another HDMI port it does the same thing and plug the PS3 into the HDMI port that the PC was plugged into it starts working.

It did storm the night before. I haven't tried another cable yet and don't have a spare DVI > HDMI cable currently and also haven't tried re-installing the drivers on the PC yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-11, 12:17 PM   #2
HTS Administrator

Steve Mechelke -mech
Since: Feb 2007
Empire Township, MN
My System
Re: Blue Screen on 73" DLP

At 5 months old, the first thing I would do is contact the manufacturer.

Old 04-13-11, 12:57 PM   #3

I started this thread.

I apologize... I meant to say that it's a year and five months old. My first thought is it's the cable because the other devices work in the same HDMI port, but it's pretty rare for a cable to go bad like that although I've seen it before. Also the TV and PC detect that it's plugged in so it's getting a connection... it's strange that only the PC would still have the issue and the others started working.

I've also tried changing the 'activity type' that it's used for with no luck.

I'm going to order another cable this weekend if I can't fix it by other means.

Last edited by Vampiel; 04-13-11 at 01:03 PM..

Old 04-13-11, 01:14 PM   #4
Senior Shackster

Since: Oct 2010
Crystal River, FL

Maybe your pc went into sleep mode and is having a problem with waking from the sleep, if you turn the pc on while displaying the pc input on the 73" do you see any of the initial screens before the windows loading page?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISF Certified, HAA Trained, THX Installer I, Crestron Level II programmer, URC and RTI trained.
And various others but too much to list.

Old 04-13-11, 01:16 PM   #5

I started this thread.

The PC works fine. I also have it hooked up to a 28" LCD that displays normally. I tried changing the resolution to 480i even with no luck. I suppose it could be the output on the video card... I'll try switching it around with the one that's plugged into the LCD monitor. I'm thinking now that this has more to do with the computer than the TV.

Old 04-13-11, 02:37 PM   #6
Senior Shackster

Since: Oct 2010
Crystal River, FL

Let us know what you find out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISF Certified, HAA Trained, THX Installer I, Crestron Level II programmer, URC and RTI trained.
And various others but too much to list.

Old 04-14-11, 09:36 PM   #7

I started this thread.

It was the video card. My theory is that I had a bad surge that made its way through the HDMI cables and knocked out the ports on the TV and the video output on the video card. Thankfully the TV survived by a power cycle.... the video card not so lucky. I even tried re-installing the drivers and messing with the resolution settings and nothing works on the LCD or TV with that one output. I'm typing this on the TV currently but it's using the one working output.

Oh well, this gives me an excuse to upgrade it.

Thanks!

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Home Theater - Audio / Video > System Setup and Connection »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »