Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Denon 3312

Tags
3312 denon
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wgmontgomery 
#1 ·
I am new at this but trying to bet caught up. My first question is in the settings. I have a denon 3312 and Polk audio speakers and I think I'm not getting all I could out of my system. Also how do I know if my 2channel settings are being used. Does selecting music then stereo do it

#2 ·
First, welcome to the forum! You may be selecting a DSP music mode. If you want to listen to 2-channel in stereo (NOT using other modes/speakers) I would look for a "Direct" button on the AVR or remote; that should bypass things like any surround modes as well as tone controls for the purist audio signal. :D

You may also have an auto surround mode selected. Auto surround engages a preset surround mode for whatever signal the AVR receives. It would be in the set-up menu, and you can program the AVR to select stereo anytime it "sees" a stereo signal. This may cause regular Pro Logic material (recorded as a stereo matrix) to be reproduced in stereo, but you can always select stereo, Pro Logic II, Neo 6 etc. by changing modes with the remote.

#3 ·
Certainly welcome to Home Theater Shack :)

Did you give your owners manual a complete reading? This act is recommended for all owners, new at this and seasoned veterans alike. Id certainly start there, figure out what the settings are and then do some experimenting to see what settings sound best to you. Your owners manual can be downloaded for free here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.