Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Outdoor FM Antenna Recommendations Needed

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wgmontgomery 
#1 ·
(I'm not sure where to post this so if it should be moved somewhere more appropriate please do so.)

Having solved my initial video and speaker wiring challenges, I've now got several FM tuners inside of my two equipment closets and would like to get them a decent signal to work with. I can get some fair reception on some stations with the primitive antenna packaged with the Sony AVR but it's very sensitive to position.

This house has TONS of RG6 cabling. There are at least two runs to each room and sometimes more. I'm using some of this RG6 to distribute programming from the DirectTV antenna but have plenty to handle FM. There are also extra RG6 runs to the outside of the house where the DirectTV antenna is mounted. What I would like to do is mount a decent FM antenna in the same general area and bring the signal into my structured wiring cabinet located in the great room equipment closet and then distribute it out to other locations in the house.

I've done some global searches here for "fm antenna" without much luck, so I'm looking for some guidance on makes/models/gotchas for something to solve my problem.

TIA for any help.

Rich

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.