Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

playstation prob

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  knuckles1919 
#1 ·
Anyone know why my ps3 wont play on my marantz av7005..

#5 ·
Hi knuckles. First off... welcome! Anyway, it does sound like a handshaking problem... or as already mentioned, a bad cable. HDMI cables can be finicky so you might want to try a different cable to see if that is the problem.

#6 ·
I use my PS3 as a BDP and got a blank screen yesterday. The HDMI cable was not completely plugged into the back of the unit; I swear that my cat goes behind the equipment and unhooks things! :rofl: Make sure the cable is properly connected to the PS3, AVR and TV. My fat PS3 does not support CEC, but everything still has to do the "handshake." You could also try the old "handshake" fix--> connect the PS3 directly to your TV and let them "talk" to each other, and then rewire it back through the AVR.

It also could be a bad cable as previously stated, OR you could need a firmware update. A lot of features will not work if the PS3 can not connect to Playstation Network, and the unit will not connect to the network if the firmware is out of date.

Good luck and welcome to HTS! Feel free to let us know of you still have problems; we are here to help!

#7 ·
If this is a new connection, or if your equipment is new, you can try resetting the PS3 output settings. With the PS3 powered off, press and hold the power button until you hear a second beep. This should be 5 - 10 seconds after the first. Then see if you can go through the initial setup again.

I move my PS3 back and forth from game room to HT, and have to do this each time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.