Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

need help on toshiba theaterwide hd 57h81

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
I got the TV from a family member for free. There is no picture or sound only the red power button blinking. After a little research I did as told and tested fuses f850, f851, f852, f860. I found that f850 and f852 are bad. Must I use the same style of fuses or can I substitute? Also, what could have caused them to go out in the first place? From what I was told, it just all of a sudden didn't work and the picture was fine before if that helps. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me fix this issue. :scratch:

#2 ·
You will need to get a service manual and trace the circuit to see what those fuses feed. There are links to sources for service manuals in the stickies in the DIY Repair forum and in the Vendor listings found at the top center of every page in the forum.

You might have a problem in the convergence outputs. If you find that circuit is fed by the open fuses read the first ten posts of the convergence repair sticky very carefully.

You need to use the same value and type fuses, not necessarily the Toshiba supplied parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.