My uncles dedicated stereo room - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #31 of 41 Old 06-22-15, 07:28 AM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System
Re: My uncles dedicated stereo room

Those diffusers look mathematically accurate. Are they DIY? My favorite pic is the second from the bottom. Is that a vintage Pioneer spring reverb unit in the lower right?

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 06-22-15, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
BlueRockinLou wrote: View Post
Those diffusers look mathematically accurate. Are they DIY? My favorite pic is the second from the bottom. Is that a vintage Pioneer spring reverb unit in the lower right?
I'm sure it is. He has 17 vintage tuners for sure all from the 60s-mid 70s. He's a collector and is constantly upgrading the caps and other parts to bring life to them. His system plays 24/7 when on the solid state gear but he does shut it off for the tube stuff to preserve hours.

When I was up there last week I listened to his apogee's with the Krell 350 monoblocks. He has some 12 layers of isolation under his turntable which includes the custom 4" thick maple shelve he made. All the maple blocks he made except for the ones under the krells those are from mapleshade.

The diffusers right above speakers are the RPG skyline there are 18 of them and he bought them when they were made back in the mid 90s at a dealer cost of 75/ea. now they are alot more. The boards that run along the ceiling/wall are a mimic of the RPG flutter free product and he made those himself using 2x6 material. He says the baskets work good and are cheap just goto any hobby store or he bought his from Pier 1 imports for around 10/ea. The diffusers on the left/right of each octa window are little mini rpgs that were from an audio show he got for 50ea and the center rpg 2d was another one he got at an audio show for cheap.

I really should of got a shot of the other side of the rack.... there are a thousand cords it's crazy. He even has two splitter banks for his FM antenna on his roof (he has two antennas) so all the tuners can share.

Master Electrician

XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
post #33 of 41 Old 06-22-15, 10:37 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Now I am mad Talley, you came into my state and did not tell me ?? We at least needed to have a drink and say hi. You need to be punished now.

Besides that outside area looks like the fairgrounds near me

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"

post #34 of 41 Old 06-22-15, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Now I am mad Talley, you came into my state and did not tell me ?? We at least needed to have a drink and say hi. You need to be punished now.

Besides that outside area looks like the fairgrounds near me
HA... well we went through texarkana to memphis and came up 57 through Ill. which is the quickest route for us. 15hrs and 22min to de monte where my sister is.

Master Electrician

XPA-7 & Krell Showcase 7 | XMC-1 | SVS Ultra Tower system | HSU VTF-15H MK2 | BenQ W1070 | Jamestown 135"
post #35 of 41 Old 06-22-15, 01:16 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Talley wrote: View Post
HA... well we went through texarkana to memphis and came up 57 through Ill. which is the quickest route for us. 15hrs and 22min to de monte where my sister is.
Ahhh yes De Motte Indiana, very nice place. Well I hope to meet you one day never the less. I do hope you waved as you went by.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #36 of 41 Old 06-29-15, 10:15 AM
Senior Shackster

prerich

Quote:
You think his audio room is nuts... check out his garage. Yes he's a ford nut.

(thats a 900hp 71' torino GT, 700hp 03' cobra and 750hp 07 shelby)

...and vintage tube integrated from the 70s with some kinda of 70s speakers for the garage too lol.
Garage speakers look like vintage Acoustic Research speakers (or Advents)! Seems like uncle has some very expensive hobbies indeed!!!!
post #37 of 41 Old 06-27-16, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
prerich wrote: View Post
Garage speakers look like vintage Acoustic Research speakers (or Advents)! Seems like uncle has some very expensive hobbies indeed!!!!

Yes they are Advents in his garage.

Went back up there this past week for another vacation and enjoyed some listening. Truly amazing system it is. I also snapped of a photo of his living room TV speakers (Vandersteen 5C Signatures) and also his basement system too.
Attached Thumbnails
My uncles dedicated stereo room-photo-jun-10-7-32-54-pm.jpg  

My uncles dedicated stereo room-photo-jun-11-1-57-40-pm.jpg  

My uncles dedicated stereo room-photo-jun-13-11-52-32-am.jpg  

Master Electrician

post #38 of 41 Old 06-28-16, 04:25 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Man, the power bills he must have!!!
post #39 of 41 Old 06-28-16, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
Blacklightning wrote: View Post
Man, the power bills he must have!!!

He is on an average plan so he only pays 365/mo for his light bill.

Master Electrician

post #40 of 41 Old 06-28-16, 06:55 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
He is on an average plan so he only pays 365/mo for his light bill.
Only $365 per month... YIKES! We pay an average of $100-$150. $365 a month pays for my car lease.
prerich likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.