Vintage Stereo Gear - Page 12 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #111 of 118 Old 01-17-16, 10:51 AM
Elite Shackster

TC

My System
Re: Vintage Stereo Gear

My 2 channel system is all vintage gear. I have a Kenwood KD-550 turntable, A Mitsubishi DA-P20 pre-amp, a B+K ST-2140 power amp, a BSR mcd-8050 CD/cassette player and for speakers I just picked up a beautifull pair
of Sansui SP-5000s. Here are some pics.

Onkyo TX-NR809 HT receiver
HPS-4000,SR-70, John Allen, Klipsch Heresy, Speakers for L.C.R.
QSC GX-5 power amp for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for surrounds
Behringer EP 4000 pro amp for the Danley DTS-10 tapped horn sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Cinema White 1.0 gain 106" fixed frame screen
Dish network with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 118 Old 01-29-16, 10:16 PM
Shackster

My System

Integra M504
Yamaha M80
Kenwood KA9100
Dahlquist DQM 909
Dahlquist DQM 905

M504, huge meters, beautiful rosewood side panels. Fine amplifier.

M80, a monster. Stable at 2 ohms. First 30 watts pure class A into 8 ohms. Sweet thug of an amp.

Kenwood Ka9100, great phono section, beautiful external heat sinks, silver face, little meters, sounds good.

DQM 905s, ridiculously excellent sounding speakers. Thanks Carl Marchisotto for these speakers.

DQM 909s, go deeper than the 905s, flagship of the DQM line.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 01-30-16 at 01:33 AM.
post #113 of 118 Old 06-29-16, 10:31 AM
Shackster

Paul

My System

My Rega Planar 3 from 1985 (I'm the original owner) is still sounding fabulous with just a new belt and re-lubrication - does that count?
robbo266317 and ellisr63 like this.

post #114 of 118 Old 06-29-16, 11:18 AM

Ron

My System

Back in the day when i had a 2 channels setup...

I had:
Classe DR6 preamp,
Mitchell Gyrodec TT
Sumiko modded SME V or IV arm
Sumiko Blue Point Special Nude cartridge
Classe DR10 amps running in bridge mono
Martin Logan Sequels 2

Loved it very much, and I wish I still had it.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
post #115 of 118 Old 06-29-16, 02:30 PM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System

I've never owned anything mainstream vintage, until recently when my loving wife surprised me with a fully-restored classic Marantz 2226B receiver. Even the backlighting was brought up to spec! I hooked up this 26W beastie to my HeManRig for giggles (expecting to set it up for failure), but was shocked to find the little-engine-that-could wasn't totally embarrassed filling the void left by my 600W+ monoblocks. The 2226B left me shaking my head in (suspended - haha lol) disbelief. I guess it's true that for normal-to-subdued listening levels, it's really only the first watt that counts. If you can't get that right, nothing else matters! Anyway, I love the feel of Marant's much celebrated gyro tuner and polished reflective look of the front panel and knobs.

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #116 of 118 Old 07-01-16, 08:29 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
I've never owned anything mainstream vintage, until recently when my loving wife surprised me with a fully-restored classic Marantz 2226B receiver. Even the backlighting was brought up to spec! I hooked up this 26W beastie to my HeManRig for giggles (expecting to set it up for failure), but was shocked to find the little-engine-that-could wasn't totally embarrassed filling the void left by my 600W+ monoblocks. The 2226B left me shaking my head in (suspended - haha lol) disbelief. I guess it's true that for normal-to-subdued listening levels, it's really only the first watt that counts. If you can't get that right, nothing else matters! Anyway, I love the feel of Marant's much celebrated gyro tuner and polished reflective look of the front panel and knobs.
The old Marantz amps were beautiful pieces of equipment!

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
post #117 of 118 Old 09-08-16, 02:29 PM
Shackster

jcmusic

Quote:
jackfish wrote: View Post
Ok, who is still seduced by vintage audio? There are quite a few followers of the 1970s classics. Double Large Advents anyone?
I still have a Scott tube tuner.
post #118 of 118 Old 09-09-16, 01:23 AM
Elite Shackster

bigbadbill

Quote:
DeepEnd wrote: View Post
My Rega Planar 3 from 1985 (I'm the original owner) is still sounding fabulous with just a new belt and re-lubrication - does that count?
That's about the same time I purchased mine.
What arm and cartridge did you add?

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed: