Vintage Stereo Gear - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #31 of 118 Old 06-22-08, 01:56 PM
vintagerocks

Re: Vintage Stereo Gear

My bedroom system consists mostly of vintage Pioneer Silver era equipment. I use it for my alarm clock but it will rock out if need be.

SA-6800 Integrated Amplifier at 45w/ch
TX-6800 Tuner
CT-F900 Cassette Deck
PL-514 Turntable with Shure V15 Type IV Cartridge
HPM-40 Speakers (2nd generation)
DT-5 Audio Timer

I also acquired my fathers SX-650 receiver and HPM-40 speakers (1st generation)

My main system consists of some vintage Pioneer as well:
PD-M90X Reference CD Player
HPM-100 Speakers

The remainder of my main system consists of non vintage:
Emotiva RSP-1 preamp
Emotiva RPA-1 Power Amp
Pioneer Elite DV-47A DVD/SACD player
Carver TX-11A Tuner

So I guess you could say I still like and use vintage gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 118 Old 12-22-08, 09:03 AM
Shackster
Dave

I've got all vintage stuff except for my CD player, a Pioneer DV-45.
Hafler DH 101 preamp (reconditioned)
Soundcraftsmen RP 22-12 EQ (reconditioned)
Phase Linear 400 Series I power amps (reconditioned)
Pioneer PL-71 turntable w/Shure M97eX (reconditioned)
2 Klipsch KG-4 (one PL 400 to drive them)
4 Realistic Optimus-7 loudspeakers(3 way floorstanding model from '74)..., driven with the other PL 400. Don't laugh until you hear them, I almost didn't hook up the Klipsches!
I have the speakers stacked with a pair of Opt-7's and a KG-4 on each side. Stands 7' tall, and sounds stunningly 3d.

I love my vintage stuff. Almost as much as I love reconditioning it!
post #33 of 118 Old 12-22-08, 11:39 AM
Shackster
RickC

I use JBL Century L-100's in our theater area daily. Bought new more than 30 years ago. The Dual Turntable and Sony Reel to Reel have been retired but I still have them. The Marantz 2230 receiver still works and is used in the bedroom. It only has 30 Watts per channel but looks good.

post #34 of 118 Old 12-22-08, 11:46 AM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

My parents still have their 1966 solid wood console stereo system in there living room that they still use daily, They have a CD player hooked up to the tape line input and the turntable still works under the lid however it spins to fast and there records sound funny but I have not figured out how to slow it down for them (I had it all apart once to see if there was some sort of internal adjustment but found none).

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #35 of 118 Old 12-23-08, 05:14 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

I still have the second stereo component I ever bought, a late 70s Marantz Model 1060 integrated amp. Rated for only 30 watts per channel but I'm sure it puts out a lot more than that. It's much heavier than you'd expect a 60-watt anything to be. It has pre-out and main in connections which have proved to be extremely useful over the years. I often use the amp section to power my bass guitar cabinet for home practicing. Right now I'm using it in a kind of "recording studio" I set up to transfer records and cassettes to CD, along with 90s vintage Pioneer three-head cassette deck and CD recorder. The turntable is a 1979 vintage Technics SL-3200 outfitted with a Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge. It was the first and only turntable I've ever owned.

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #36 of 118 Old 12-23-08, 10:07 PM
Senior Shackster

Jean-Pierre

Send a message via MSN to imbeaujp

Hello, I have the Yamaha NS-1000

and the Yamaha CA-1010.

Verry nices components to keep !

JP

Jean-Pierre Imbeau

post #37 of 118 Old 12-24-08, 02:45 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

The CA1010 and CA2010 were classic, as were the NS1000. Great stuff, and many of them are still out there working great.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #38 of 118 Old 12-24-08, 03:50 PM
Senior Shackster
Pinhead

Hi, this is my first post!

I have a pair of Sansui SP-3000 speakers doing stereo duty in my shop. Believe me, we need the volume and these speakers fit the bill quite nicely. They lack a little on the low-end but in a loud work environment the bass would be drowned out anyway. These speakers work perfectly. Driving them is a Panasonic SA-H82 Hi-Fi Audio System.
post #39 of 118 Old 01-15-09, 05:53 AM
Bob

I just acquired a mint Sherwood S7200 receiver and B+W DM23 speakers for the bedroom. Lovely!
post #40 of 118 Old 01-20-09, 02:05 PM
Senior Shackster
Greg

Thumbs up Re: Vintage Stereo Gear

Quote:
jackfish wrote: View Post
Ok, who is still seduced by vintage audio? There are quite a few followers of the 1970s classics. Double Large Advents anyone?
WOW, I have not listened to those in years. Very good speakers. I got one for you, the old DC series CROWN amplifiers. I used to deejay with them, they were great. Also, Bob Carvers PHASE LINEAR amplifiers. More expensive, but wonderful.

Greg