Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Channel Picture Gallery

87K views 203 replies 53 participants last post by  Todd Anderson 
#1 ·
Let's see what you have! Behemoth amps, turntables, planar speakers, tubes, from the exotic to the modest (like mine).

This is what has been going on at my house lately, I am trying out new speakers and having fun.

Loudspeaker Sound box Subwoofer Audio equipment Studio monitor

Room Loudspeaker Furniture Audio equipment Property

Loudspeaker Subwoofer Audio equipment Electronics Studio monitor

Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Cd player

Electronics Audio equipment Electronic device Technology

Electronics Record player Technology Electronic device Media player

I just bought a pair of omni-directional speakers, I'll get pics up soon. Next... constant directivity speakers, maybe?

Now, show us what you have! :hiya:

See less See more
#51 ·
Since we are seeing quite a bit of vintage gear, here is my old setup:

Dual 1245 w/ Shure M97xe
Oppo DV-970HD (not vintage)
Akai AT-2600
Harman Kardon TD-4400
Audiosource PreOne/A
Two Phase Linear 400 Series I
Stacked double New Large Advents

#53 ·
It is a bit of a different category, but seeing all these vintage speakers, especially with the Altec Lansing horns, takes me back to the college days, playing in a cover band, with a pair of Altec Lansing A7s on each side of the stage just for vocals. Definitely overkill. They could crank out some serious, serious volume, and sounded incredibly nice even to my young rock 'n roll ears. Wish I still had them. Fun pictures, all, keep them coming.

#54 ·
Your picture is upside down. I ran A7 Voice of the Theater in my main two channel rig for years. To make them more wife friendly, I did cover them in walnut, made full walnut grills and build solid walnut bases for them. I love that big 511B horn for vocals.

#56 ·
^ Something isn't quite right in the picture of the VOTT's. Going from memory, the 511 sectoral horn, when mounted in the cabinet replaced a blank panel. The panel was the same size as the horn frontal footprint and there were bass slots for the reflex cabinet on either side of the panel, when in place or the horn when mounted in the cabinet.

#59 ·
Added a little bit more :whistling: woofage to the mix. It's the same model Eminence driver as before, now in a larger, vented cabinet. Dual Chase Home Theater VS-18.1's.

Loudspeaker Subwoofer Electronics Audio equipment Electronic device

#63 ·
Thanks, guys. Keep the pics coming!

Side wall treatments are not quite up to the back of the speakers. They only catch slap echo on that end of the room and are not meant to absorb anything meaningful below that. More on the back wall behind the listening position, about 3 ft away.

I am considering exploring heaver treatments once I get REW up and running.

#62 ·
-Awesome pics! Brings back memories to my old 2 channels setups! My best setup was...
Mitchell Gyrodec with Sumiko SME 5 arm and Blue Point Special nude cartridge
Classe 6 preamp
2 Classe DR10 amps in mono
Martin Logan Sequel IIs

Previous 2 channel speakers were...
Altec Lansing 9
Cerwin Vega S1
Klipsch LaScala
Celestion 3

#65 · (Edited)
well my two channel system is cerwin-vega d-9 and d-5 with a dayton audio 15 inch sub tuned to 20hz and on a crown xls1000 for now at some point ill have two of the dayton 15s and a crown 2000 amp and youse the 1000 for my d-9s but for now there happy on my yamaha r-s700:hsd::hsd::hsd::hsd::hsd:

Attachments

#66 ·
Since imageshack changed the URL to my system photo, here it is again:

I need to take a new one with a real camera as the computer audio components aren't shown here.

#77 ·
My Keep It Simple system for some reason the photos have dissapeared so here they are again.

The last photo is of me with the BIG Acoustat DIY Spectra 8800 ( 800 pounds of pure bliss )

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.