2 Channel Picture Gallery - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Newegg: The perfect solution for all your HTPC and media server build needs! Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! XTZ Sound Marantz OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects! Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products. Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound Emotiva is your Home Theater Component Source for Audiophile Quality Home Theater Equipment at Factory Direct Prices

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > HiFi Audio Components | Music > Two Channel Audio
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 17849 - Replies: 136  
Old 11-05-11, 01:37 PM   #11
Shackster

Since: Oct 2011
Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery

Oh... how I miss my Cremona Auditors. Good catch there!

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 04:51 PM   #12
Shackster

(Cheshire Cat)
Since: Sep 2011
Italy

Quote:
kwadzilla wrote: View Post
Oh... how I miss my Cremona Auditors. Good catch there!
Hy kwad. Try the new Cremona Auditor M (maybe a little more analytical but...)

Regards

Danilo

Old 11-08-11, 04:32 PM   #13
Shackster

Since: Oct 2011

Danilo, I did listen to the 'M' version while I still had the Auditors. My days of marginal upgrades were well behind me. When I started out, I moved from the Paradigm Mini Monitor, to Monitor 7, to Studio 40 all in less than three years and spent alot of money on that path.

At the time of bringing in the Auditor, I was torn between the Reference 3A Veena; they were available at different boutiques. The fella selling the SF speakers was clearing them out at half price, and thought it was a steal so jumped on it.

Recently I came across a used Veena pair in excellent shape so i brought those in and did a side by side comparison. The two speakes both great in their own way, but perhaps because the Veena was 'different' I was appreciate its presentation more. The Veena had more detail and transparency, and better speed. The Auditor, as all SF speakers in that range, just have that special tone that seems to connect you to the music. I decided on the Veena as I had an offer from a buyer who was offering more than I paid for them!!

Reference 3A is offering updates to the Veena, from tweaks to the driver and replacing the capacitor on the tweeter to brass screws and finer connecting wire within.

I won't turn down an opportunity to listen to SF again, though...

Last edited by kwadzilla; 11-08-11 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: added some

Old 11-10-11, 08:22 PM   #14
Senior Shackster

Since: Aug 2010

I initially wasn't going to post my system because it is only partially completed. It is at a stand still, for lack of funds for the foreseeable future. I decided to post it for your comments and advice. Though not completed it is quite superb sounding for its simple direct approach.

System:
1990 Yamaha cdx450 cd player using its variable output > Audio Electronics Super Amp MkII power amp > 1979 Altec Lansing Model 15 speakers. All cabling is Kimber Kable. Target Audio equipment rack w/ 2" thick maple shelves.

Nearest Goal:
Upgrading current cd player to a modern 24 bit cd player w/ analogue variable output.

Long term goal:
Adding tube preamp w/ phono and turntable.

Last edited by mjcmt; 02-18-13 at 03:35 PM..

Old 11-10-11, 08:30 PM   #15
Inactive

Ty
Panama City Fl

Those speakers must thump.

Old 11-10-11, 08:33 PM   #16
Senior Shackster

Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery/Mantown

Quote:
Alex2507 wrote: View Post
This gives you the over all view. I had to use the flash because of the window.

Do you get any work done at your desk with that smokin' system. Or is it primarily for gaming?

I can identify with your AR-XB turntable. I sold mine w/ Shure M91ED cartridge last year, and have regrets.

Old 11-10-11, 08:37 PM   #17
Senior Shackster

Quote:
TypeA wrote: View Post
Those speakers must thump.
If your talking about the Altecs. They are actually super clean sounding and articulate w/ a subdued bass, but they are about as unboxy sounding as you cab get and dynamic as all get out.

Old 11-10-11, 08:42 PM   #18
Inactive

Ty
Panama City Fl

Quote:
mjcmt wrote: View Post
dynamic as all get out.
Yeah thats what I was referring to. Original 12" drivers?

Old 11-11-11, 05:30 AM   #19
Senior Shackster

Yes, a 12" Altec driver running full range with no crossover on the woofer. Very clear and pure. The horn uses Altec Tangerine 802-8G compression driver in a bent radial horn, again very articulate without harshness. These are one astounding 2-way speaker.

Old 11-13-11, 06:16 AM   #20
Shackster

Alex
Since: May 2008
RI
Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery/Mantown

Quote:
mjcmt wrote: View Post
Do you get any work done at your desk with that smokin' system. Or is it primarily for gaming?

I can identify with your AR-XB turntable. I sold mine w/ Shure M91ED cartridge last year, and have regrets.
Thanks but I'm not bright enough to work or game at a desk with a computer. It's all for listening to some tunes while surfing the net. That TT sort of fell into my lap and has been a bit of a fixer upper. It enables me to rifle through the $1/album assortment of records found at second hand stores. It's a great way for me to check out music that I would otherwise never hear. Same goes for that Sony 300 disc CD changer. Second hand store pricing on CD's is $2. Now I'm wanting to spend some money on a headshell and cartridge but regardless of what my girl thinks I am not spending a lot on audio ... read: I'm cheap.

The price tag on your amp sucked all the air out of my room. Congrats on that.
One day I'd like to give one of those a listen.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!   Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Newegg: The perfect solution for all your HTPC and media server build needs!

Check out the Woot product for today!   Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne

« Home Theater Shack > HiFi Audio Components | Music > Two Channel Audio »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »