Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Channel Picture Gallery

87K views 203 replies 53 participants last post by  Todd Anderson 
#1 ·
Let's see what you have! Behemoth amps, turntables, planar speakers, tubes, from the exotic to the modest (like mine).

This is what has been going on at my house lately, I am trying out new speakers and having fun.

Loudspeaker Sound box Subwoofer Audio equipment Studio monitor

Room Loudspeaker Furniture Audio equipment Property

Loudspeaker Subwoofer Audio equipment Electronics Studio monitor

Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Cd player

Electronics Audio equipment Electronic device Technology

Electronics Record player Technology Electronic device Media player

I just bought a pair of omni-directional speakers, I'll get pics up soon. Next... constant directivity speakers, maybe?

Now, show us what you have! :hiya:

See less See more
#78 ·
Yeah... I deleted the other two posts, since there were no longer any pics in them. You know we offer a free Image Gallery and I you can rest assured that the images won't go anywhere if you use it. :T

If you need to update the pics, just edit your thread and insert the new image links... or ask a staff member to do it for you.

#80 ·
Here's my humble "open baffle" (home theater) rig.

The Squeezebox 3 (SB3) I've built into the center channel speaker. I was tired of my head tilting to the left where the equipment rack was, so I built the SB3 into the center baffle. This way, I can stare at "twelve o'clock", and watch the VU meters bounce back and forth and my neck doesn't get tired.
Obviously, the HT screen is looming in the distance.

#82 ·
The first photo is my vintage (headphones only) stereo system. Pioneer SX-950, CT-F9191, modded CA 651P, PL-707 w/DV Karat 23RS MKII, RH-65, RG-1, SR-202. In the upper left cabinet is a pair of Pioneer Monitor 10 headphones and in the upper right HifiMan HE-500 headphones.

The second photo is my bedroom system. Laptop, M2tech Young DAC, Oppo 83, JVC QL-A75 w/DV Karat 17D2, DIY phono preamp, Simaudio i5.3, Dali Mentor 2's.

Attachments

#85 ·
That is a cool system Chris, thanks for posting

I've seen your system and it is certainly post worthy. Perhaps you could share that with us, too?

#87 ·
This is really a dual purpose system, but my original objective was a stereo built around a pair of Magnepans (first 3.6s and now 3.7s). Oh, how I wish I had the room and the cash for MrAcoustat's 8800s! :gulp: Anyway, while the preamp is multichannel, it is purely analog. The rack is a DIY effort. The object on the right is a clock - photo was taken at 3:19:57. Obviously, the photos weren't all taken at the same time.

the complete system, head on
Audio equipment Loudspeaker Room Technology Interior design

from an oblique angle, revealing one of the subs (Definitive Technology SuperCube Reference)
Room Audio equipment Furniture Interior design Loudspeaker

the principle source (Bryston BDP-1) and DAC (Audio Research DAC7)
Electronics Technology Electronic device Output device Electronic instrument

the crossover (Bryston 10B Sub), preamp (McCormack MAP1, SMc modded) and amp (VAC Phi 300.1, VAC modded)
Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Electronic instrument

a head on shot of the amp
Electronics Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Microphone preamplifier

the universal disc player (Marantz UD8004) and power conditioner for the digital stuff and cable box (Panamax M5300-PM)
Electronics Technology Electronic device Room Audio equipment

#91 ·
This is really a dual purpose system, but my original objective was a stereo built around a pair of Magnepans (first 3.6s and now 3.7s). Oh, how I wish I had the room and the cash for MrAcoustat's 8800s! :gulp: Anyway, while the preamp is multichannel, it is purely analog. The rack is a DIY effort. The object on the right is a clock - photo was taken at 3:19:57. Obviously, the photos weren't all taken at the same time.

the complete system, head on
View attachment 44531

from an oblique angle, revealing one of the subs (Definitive Technology SuperCube Reference)
View attachment 44532

the principle source (Bryston BDP-1) and DAC (Audio Research DAC7)
View attachment 44533

the crossover (Bryston 10B Sub), preamp (McCormack MAP1, SMc modded) and amp (VAC Phi 300.1, VAC modded)
View attachment 44534

a head on shot of the amp
View attachment 44536

the universal disc player (Marantz UD8004) and power conditioner for the digital stuff and cable box (Panamax M5300-PM)
View attachment 44535
Hi Kevin, the DIY Acoustat Spectra 8800s do not belong to me, they belong to my friend Jocelyn he is the guy that revive's the old Acoustats here in Quebec Canada, he as done many pairs he is also the man behind my all steel frame Acoustat 1+1s you may see some of his work on my Flickr photo galery if you wish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/

#88 ·
Kevin... that is very nice. VERY nice! Although I might would try to hide some of those wires for photos. Mine looks like a mess, but my cabinet is not nearly as big and nice, so it hides them pretty well during pics.

What are the little thingy things on the floor holding up the speaker cables?

#95 ·
All kidding aside, I did stare up at my ceiling last night and mull over adding 'stars'. After seeing what some folks here have done, that idea won't let go of my brain. If such a thing can be done well while being shallow enough, I have an area that's just begging for it! :bigsmile:

#99 ·

Not a lot to look at, but in my 15 x 21 living room this Infinity, Denon, Technics, Toshiba combo sounds really sweet.

#100 ·
Hey there Goatfarmer, looks fine to me, its not the looks that make it work, it is the guts and heart of the system that will shine through. Although the fact that it looks good and makes you happy puts it over the top. From one Southern Indiana guy with no goats to another with goats, glad you enjoy it,

#101 ·
For better or worse the goats are all gone. All that's left is the name and the memories.

#103 ·
Some sweet systems in this thread. Very nice.

Here's mine. It's my HT setup which double as my 2 channel analog system.

OPPO BDP-95 via analog out into Marantz 8801 AV processor in "pure" mode.

Along with the two pieces of equipment mentioned above pictured (If I attached them correctly) is Paradigm Studio 100s (V.4), Studio CC690 center, an Emotiva XPA-2 and an XPA-3 and an SVS SB13 Ultra subwoofer all of which are plugged into an APC HT15 power conditioner. The TV is a 65" Panasonic ZT60.

Attachments

#104 ·
I see there are som nice setups here! And still people that listen to 2 channel music.

My system is 90% for use with music in to channel, but I also have a 7.2 cinema setup, for when I`have the urge to see a movie.

The 2 channel system is:

Squeezebox Touch for playing Flac files. I have just over 1 terrabyte music.
DSPeaker Antimode Dualcore 2.0 Witch i Use as a Dac for the squeezebox, but also to get rid of 1 huge standing wave I have in my room.

Unison Research Unico DM pre and power Italian made Hybrid amplifier with 2 12au7/ecc82 tubes in the preamplifier. And 2 12au7 / ECC 82 tubes on the inut of the power amplifier, witch has 2x150w Mostef i 8 ohm. This poweramp drags 700w ( 230v ) from the outlet.

Triangle Magellan Chello Speakers. Fantastic loudspeakers for all round use. But for acoustic music and music where singing is the main part they are absolutely fantastic. I really love Triangle speakers, and I have had a Few.

I Also use 2 SVS SB12nsd subwoofers from 40hz an down, because of the placment i have on the Chellos, the walls dosen`t helt them in the lowes area. This works very well.

But maybe you would like to see some pictures. well here thay are...

Attachments

#106 ·
Yes. Been a dream I`ve had the last 10-12 years or so. Finally I got my own room where I can be the boss. And place speakersm subs ond so on in the place where they sound the best. Not where the wife thinks it looks tle least ugly.... :nono:

This is how it meassures... On the waterfall you see a standing wave at 50hz, this is a hum from the amplifier on one of the subs.

Attachments

#110 ·
Hi, yes I think so. Every one of those Auralex absorbers does so that the sound lets go of the speakers mutch more than bare walls. and because of that chathedral ceiling I have, the flutter echo between the walls and floor is trouble without.

I started of with too mucth absorbson, so i took away some of it. Replaced some of it with small poly diffusors. And Im planning to build 4, 120cm x 60cm skyline diffusors for the back wall. The longest collum will be 35cm.

So thats the next project here.

#115 ·
Yes, the funny thing is, they sound really good too. I`ve had quite a few speakers the last 10 years of so, always getteing new ones in the house ( I\ve bought second hand ) because I never get satisfied with the sound i had. There this company from France came with a beautiful speaker the Tringle Celius 202 and I eas hooked. I hvae tried different brands of speakers therafter, but always endid up with Triangle`s Magellan Chello is the smalles floorstand speaker in they`re best line.

I dont know If anyone has heard Triangle before, but if you like acoustic music, rock`n Roll or vocal music, you really should lend your ears to these speakers.

Mix them up with valve or hybrid amplifiers and it is a match made in heaven.... :eek:utstanding:

#113 ·
And I thought I had a lot of treatment. Some particular guys in another forum would say you are crazier than me for setting up a two-channel system in a room treated for home theater. What they failed to realize is that I added extra treatment for two-channel, not home theater. Of course they did admit they were snobs (their words, not mine). Can I just simply agree, at least that they just don't get it.

Very nice Peter... very nice indeed!

Those SVS subs are fine little subs too. My room is slightly larger and I only used one when I had it setup, want two now. I think I am going all out with a pair of the SB13's.

#116 ·
Hehe. Theres al lot of treatment and panels. But how shall I put it, the room is a little bit softend up. When you walk into the room while talking. You realize that in the music room your voice doesen stay n the room as long as i does outside. The sound is shortend up. But there is still lot of life in the room, espessaly since i don`t have a carpet on thefloor.

There is so mucth difference between no damping/treatment to some treatment but it has to be placed in the right place, and use the right type Every one of these panels has been placed with the help of REW so every one of these os meassured.

To finish off the room, with speaker, sub, sweetspot acoustic treatment has taken me about 250 hours.:crying: But I`m glad I was abel to finish what I started.. Now I really like spending time here, and so does the girlfriend.:sn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.