Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Channel Picture Gallery

87K views 203 replies 53 participants last post by  Todd Anderson 
#1 ·
Let's see what you have! Behemoth amps, turntables, planar speakers, tubes, from the exotic to the modest (like mine).

This is what has been going on at my house lately, I am trying out new speakers and having fun.

Loudspeaker Sound box Subwoofer Audio equipment Studio monitor

Room Loudspeaker Furniture Audio equipment Property

Loudspeaker Subwoofer Audio equipment Electronics Studio monitor

Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Cd player

Electronics Audio equipment Electronic device Technology

Electronics Record player Technology Electronic device Media player

I just bought a pair of omni-directional speakers, I'll get pics up soon. Next... constant directivity speakers, maybe?

Now, show us what you have! :hiya:

See less See more
#122 ·
I'll play. Old room in the house I sold a year ago was a dedicated 2 channel (Aural Enlightenment) and I had a separate HT (The Sanctum). Now I am renting so have had to combine the 2 channel with the HT gear in the basement of the rental. I still ran a dedicated 20 amp line and I keep the systems totally separate and literally unplug the speakers from one system and connect to the other when switching back and forth.

The old system first, much sexier. Double drywall, green glued, bass trapped, DIY N53 diffusors, etc.

Attachments

#123 ·
Present room is a total compromise given I am renting and have to live with limited capability to move walls and attach things. I did crank out a cheap and dirty shelving system with removable tops and notched. hinged lids to access the rear power switches on all the stereo gear. Threw in some diffusors and minor treatments and it turned out pretty good for now. The room is 32 feet deep and 9 foot high so I do not have any nasty humps affecting my stereo listening. I only use the sub for HT work.

Attachments

#124 ·
Red,

Any room with Soundscapes is gonna sound good.

How well does your Center channel integrate with the Soundscapes when you are doing the HT thing? When I got my HT3s, I still had a SongCenter. When I switched to the HTC it really tied the room together.

#125 ·
That center is an old AV123 unit I had kicking around. I've owned several Salk centers over the years. I will eventually get a matching center for these. It does not mate well, the AV123 speaker, but when I am engrossed in a movie I get over it pretty quick.

I've owned HT3's, HT2TL, Archos, Songtowers, V3's, and SS8's.

I'll have to post in the HT forum some pics of my old HT.

#128 ·
/\ /\

Yep, makes sense. First time I've read someone physically switching cables between systems and am thinking that may be the solution for me as well! Instead of looking for a component (which are few and far between) to perform such a task. The more I think of it the better I like it.:T

#131 ·
The concept is a copy of studios monitors KINOSHITA RM-8VC.
The volume of cases is the same, but a problem of handling, we have cut into 2 pieces.
The horn is a clone of the model TAD TH4001.
The JBL 2450J-1 are the models used by MEYER SOUND, they were up with D16R2450.
The speakers DAVIS ACOUSTICS, a French manufacturer of loudspeakers in 30 years, it uses carbon membranes and for mounting with double ferrite.
This set was manufactured by FD AUDIO.

Stéphane

#145 · (Edited)
I think I was 11 or 12. It was around that age when I earned a red rump in the pursuit of an audio objective. Much to my mother's displeasure, I turned a nightstand into a turntable plinth for a Perpetuum Ebner PE2040. I thought it was really cool. The diametrically opposed nature of her opinion became clear to me, but it was a small price to pay. I cut grass to earn the table with a broken plinth from a nice neighbor. I bought my first pair of 'real' speakers from Radio Shack because they financed - yes, the same mother who introduced a belt to my rear over the nightstand co-signed a finance agreement for my speakers. Of course, that was the preface to her repeated cries, "Turn that noise down!"

Ah, youth was fun. Music got its hooks in me early and I think I was born with an affinity for gadgets. It was a long road to here. I'm quite happy with here. Looking back, however, I don't remember a time when it wasn't fun - when I didn't enjoy it.

The theater build threads on this site have lots of amazing spaces. Comparatively, mine is minimalist, bland and 'in your face' with the gear. It hardly matters as it's usually pretty dark in the room. I'm more into the stereo than the home theater anyway, but mine is a dual purpose system. It's fun to see all of the audio systems folks have put together in this thread - great stuff!

---

The resolution reduction always seems to make my less than stellar photos even blurrier. I tried my son's camera with a wide angle lens, but I couldn't get anything worth seeing. I think the lens on my camera covers the same range as yours. I usually bracket the (expletive deleted) out of each shot - hoping one of them will be focused properly (and I don't know which one it is until I transfer them to a PC - can't tell a thing from the display on the camera). I wear glasses at times - usually, I don't really need to bother. I couldn't put contacts on my eyes if my life depended on it.

---

Legacy's Extreme sub is properly named - never heard it, but wow! Is the 33SE much of a step up from your 32SE? I know what the BDP-2 has over the BDP-1 - it was released a couple of months after I bought my BDP-1, which still suits my needs...although...

#146 ·
I think I was 11 or 12. It was around that age when I earned a red rump in the pursuit of an audio objective. Much to my mother's displeasure, I turned a nightstand into a turntable plinth for a Perpetuum Ebner PE2040. I thought it was really cool. The diametrically opposed nature of her opinion became clear to me, but it was a small price to pay. I cut grass to earn the table with a broken plinth from a nice neighbor. I bought my first pair of 'real' speakers from Radio Shack because they financed - yes, the same mother who introduced a belt to my rear over the nightstand co-signed a finance agreement for my speakers. Of course, that was the preface to her repeated cries, "Turn that noise down!" Ah, youth was fun. Music got its hooks in me early and I think I was born with an affinity for gadgets. It was a long road to here. I'm quite happy with here. Looking back, however, I don't remember a time when it wasn't fun - when I didn't enjoy it. The theater build threads on this site have lots of amazing spaces. Comparatively, mine is minimalist, bland and 'in your face' with the gear. It hardly matters as it's usually pretty dark in the room. I'm more into the stereo than the home theater anyway, but mine is a dual purpose system. It's fun to see all of the audio systems folks have put together in this thread - great stuff! --- The resolution reduction always seems to make my less than stellar photos even blurrier. I tried my son's camera with a wide angle lens, but I couldn't get anything worthy irate seeing. I think the lens on my camera covers the same range as yours. I usually bracket the (expletive deleted) out of each shot - hoping one of them will be focused properly (and I don't know which one it is until I transfer them to a PC - can't tell a thing from the display on the camera). I wear glasses at times - usually, I don't really need to bother. I couldn't put contacts on my eyes if my life depended on it. --- Legacy's Extreme sub is properly named - never heard it, but wow! Is the 33SE much of a step up from your 32SE? I know what the BDP-2 has over the BDP-1 - it was released a couple of months after I bought my BDP-1, which still suits my needs...although...
My first system was my brothers old Lafayette intergraded amp. I purchased Utah speaker's to go with the Lafayette because they had a 12 inch woofer. LOL! I also saved from cutting grass and bought a Fisher receiver, Rectilinear speakers, Thorns TT with a Shure M95. That was the start. College was great because of the parties we would throw. Funny because everybody had a decent stereo then......kinda even a competition. We would combine some of these system together for our parties. The sound was all about impact and making sure no beer got on the records and equipment. Funny because some of the systems out there now are still all about impact.

You have a fantastic room. I would want that equipment in my face and isn't the best sound with the lights out? I also prefer 2 channel.

I have to laugh but I had bi-lateral cornea transplant and the only way I can see is with hard contacts. So the contacts go in and the readers are on.

I figure I can move the BDP-1 to the home theater system. During an email exchange with JT he suggested the BDP-2 sounds better. I'll be getting the BDP-2 soon.As of now it would be only 1 Extreme subwoofer and I'm not sure how much better the Bat33SE would sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.