Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Channel Picture Gallery

87K views 203 replies 53 participants last post by  Todd Anderson 
#1 ·
Let's see what you have! Behemoth amps, turntables, planar speakers, tubes, from the exotic to the modest (like mine).

This is what has been going on at my house lately, I am trying out new speakers and having fun.

Loudspeaker Sound box Subwoofer Audio equipment Studio monitor

Room Loudspeaker Furniture Audio equipment Property

Loudspeaker Subwoofer Audio equipment Electronics Studio monitor

Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Cd player

Electronics Audio equipment Electronic device Technology

Electronics Record player Technology Electronic device Media player

I just bought a pair of omni-directional speakers, I'll get pics up soon. Next... constant directivity speakers, maybe?

Now, show us what you have! :hiya:

See less See more
#189 ·
Yeah, he definitely had an awesome system. The first electrostatics I ever heard were a pair of 1+1s. I had a pair of Big Advents at the time, and to say that my jaw dropped would be an understatement. I've still never owned a pair ESLs, but I do have a pair of Stax Lambda SRs that I bought 32 years ago (although they've been boxed up in a closet for years). Time's a wastin'...

#197 · (Edited)
My room as of late 2015
Been following your rig for a bit and love it. Love the room, diggin the L/R speakers (not sure why there's a center speaker in a 2 channel system?), the subwoofers look ruthless wow and the furniture seems comfy but please ditch the cheap Emotiva junk. You have all this good gear and you cheap out big time on what powers and controls all of it. Totally counter productive and short sighted. Yeah we all like to save a buck but c'mon.

#195 ·
Thanks, Lou. My room is very challenging, but I have managed to get decent imaging and fairly flat room response with only a single cut @ 35 Hz using the sub amp parametric EQ. My Trinnov DSP is not being used.

Recently took this system into surround sound (5.1), but am still using it for 2 channel music listening 99% of the time, or better. Next evolutionary steps will likely be an Emotiva XMC-1 for the Dirac Live capability (You can't tailor Trinnov, which why I am not using it. Just sounds better without it.), some treatments to help bring the room symmetry, and possibly bass traps.

Oh, and an OPPO universal player, swap out my Emotiva XPA-3 for an XPA-5, or possibly add a pair of XPA-1L monoblocks, build out my third 18" subwoofer, and, and, and... :spend:

It is a never ending story. Here is where this room was 7 short years ago, and there have been 3 other full systems in the room following this one.

Loudspeaker Audio equipment Studio monitor Room Subwoofer

#204 ·
Hey everyone, we are closing this sticky thread. Going forward, please create dedicated threads for your Two-Channel systems in this new forum section! Also, we've created a Two Channel Design and Installation forum section where you can discuss system design and take photos of your room builds and system installations!

If you featured pictures of your system in this sticky thread, please take a moment to create a dedicated thread in this forum section (reposting pictures used in this thread is totally fine)!

Thanks, Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.