Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Klipsch Quartet Mods

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rab-byte 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm picking up some Klipsch Quartets and am thinking about updating the crossovers, diaphragm and adding sound damping materials. I've seen a little information on bracing, and very little on damping. Can anyone share with me what the benefit of bracing would be; and if use Black Hole or something similar, what areas should I apply it on?

Thanks for any help!

#4 ·
Are you talking about the Quintets, the 5 satellite speaker set with a rear port?

And asking about putting foam or some other material in the port to dampen the sound coming from the port? Like what B&W includes for their M1 and other speakers.

I'd say give it a try and see if it sounds any better. My assumption is that you would want to do this if you're getting unwanted anomalies around your crossover to subwoofer point.

#6 ·
No, I'm referring to the Klipsch Quartet speakers that were discontinued in 96. They are considerably larger than the HTIB offering. I just picked up a pair on Audiogon and am curious what kind of dampening I could do with the passive radiator in them.
I've learned something new.
You may want to ask your question in the speaker building section of these forums.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.