Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Low power full range system

Tags
full low power
3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fmw 
#1 ·
Here is a little something I was playing around with today. They are Rethm Saadhana speakers with Lowther DX55 drivers being driven with a whopping 1.5 watts per channel from a DIY 6DN7 amp. The little boxes on either side of the yellow amp are sub amps that drive the 6" subs built into each back cabinet (two piece design).

See less See more
#8 ·
I bet they are at least 25-30 pounds each and probably cost a minimum of a $300-400 EACH!!!

I think they look interesting... but I am not absolutely sure. Is that a baby bottle nipple twitter?
Thanks Sonnie!!!! That's exactly what I was thinking!!!! I've never seen a plug like that before! However, that speaker design itself is very familiar...I can't remember were I saw it before...It's driving me nuts:scratch:!!!!

#4 ·
The speakers weight in around 72 pounds each and cost new in 2007 $7895. No, I didn't pay that or anywhere close.

The wooden dowel is a speaker phase plug.

#7 ·
They are more of a folded horn. The front cabinet hold the full range driver with a range of 75Hz to 20kHz. The rear cabinet holds a 6" sub powered by the external amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.