Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Anthem 225 Integrated Amplifier Review Discussion Thread

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Glen B 
#1 ·
Anthem 225 Integrated Amplifier
By Luther Ward

Introduction

Anthem seems to fly under the radar for many, but it should not. You're missing out on some really great gear. Their designs are well thought out and executed at a high level. Take for instance my latest review of the Anthem 225 integrated amplifier. This is audiophile level equipment without the boutique price. I came away with a new appreciation and admiration for Anthem. You may read the entire review linked below, but for now here are just a few of the highlights:

• 225 watts into 8 ohms (4 ohm capable)
  • built in phono stage
  • balanced inputs
  • tone controls with bypass
  • headphone amp
  • 12v trigger
  • learning remote control

Anthem 225 Integrated Amplifier Review

See less See more
#5 ·
I see Anthem in a tough spot. They are positioned a little higher than entry level consumers, who may not appreciate the higher quality and better sound and positioned lower in the audiophile world that often equates dollars with value. I've seen manufactures struggle to sell to the high end world, then double their pricing and see their products sell. It is hard to change peoples psyche in the world of high end. Most will not even consider it just because it doesn't cost enough for what they think high end is. Sad, too, because it really is top performing gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.