Stewart filmscreen`s - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 18 Old 04-23-09, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Greg

Stewart filmscreen`s

In my opinion, if you have the capital and finances, and the space, this is how to experience true home theater, in the home.

Stewart Filmscreen's Cine-W Projection Screen Reviewed
By: Andrew Robinson - Reviewer's System
Category: Equipment Reviews, Projector Screen Reviews, Video Reviews
Resources & Links: Video Projector Screens , View Andrew Robinson's Reviews

December 30, 2008

While many consumers are just now stepping up to a widescreen frame of mind, Stewart Filmscreens, the premier name in front-projection screens, is pushing the boundaries once again with their Cine-W screen. With a native 2:35 aspect ratio, the Cine-W is unique in that it features a curved surface, giving your home theater a true cinema feel. Designed for use with projectors employing an anamorphic lens, the Cine-W screen takes full advantage of today's biggest blockbusters. The Cine-W can be ordered and configured with front-projection or rear-projection materials and features Stewart's VeLux frame finish that absorbs over-scan, improving perceived contrast. The Cine-W is offered in all of Stewart's fine screen materials, including both their Microperf X2 and Cinemaperf materials that allow for speakers to be placed directly behind the screen itself. The Cine-W comes in a variety of sizes, ranging from 103 to 153 inches, and is equipped with wall-mounting brackets that make placement and positioning a snap.

High Points
Stewart's Cine-W screen turns your home theater into a true blockbuster venue in a way no normal widescreen or 2:35 screen can.
The curved surface of the Cine-W creates one hell of a statement in your home theater, on top of providing one of the most vividly natural and colorful visual experiences I've ever encountered.
The curved surface looks like it would cause of light uniformity issues but it doesn't. In fact, the curved surface of the Cine-W aids in focusing all of your projector's light where it matters most: on the screen.

Low Points
The Cine-W screen is only half of the experience, with the other half resting firmly on your projector. There is great importance in your choice of anamorphic lens, which can be costly, and not all lenses are created equal.
In order to flush-mount the Cine-W screen, you'll have to sink it back into your wall, provided you have enough wall cavity to do so. Either way, it's a job best left to a custom installer.

Conclusion
The Cine-W screen from Stewart Filmscreen is the epitome of cool, aside from Stewart's own StarGlas, and a must-have for any diehard home theater enthusiast. The cost of ownership may be a bit steep and the added peripherals only add to the bottom line, but if you have the means, the budget and the room, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better surface to welcome into your state of the art home theater.

Keywords
Stewart Filmscreen, Stewart Screens, Stewart Screen Reviews, Home Theater Screens, Home Theater Reviews, Stewart Cine-W Screen, Stewart Cine-W Review. Anamorphic, 2:35, Hollywood Blockbuster

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-23-09, 09:13 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System
Re: Stewart filmscreen`s

My opinion is to buy from companies that honor their agreements. And Stewart has not.

I hounded Stewart for two weeks to send me samples finally getting this reply from Joaquin Rivera on 3/17/09:

Quote:
Steve,
Thank you for hanging in there. It I difficult to just send the materials when you don't know who you are sending it to. So you are right, that is the main problem, not know who I reviewi g the product, how and what measurements will be taken and what meters you will be using to do the reviewing. I have ok problem sening the materials but the materials have to be large enough to have some acurate readings.

Best regards,
Joaquin Rivera
Sales Director
Stewart Filmscreen Corp.
www.Stewartfilm.com
After thanking him I asked when the samples would be sent out:

Quote:
Steve,

We will send you some samples tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Joaquin Rivera
Director of Sales
North America Consumer Products
Stewart Filmscreen Corp.
Phone 800-762-4999 X 130
Direct 310-891-3130
Cell 310-505-8027
Fax 310-326-6870
Email joaquin@stewartfilm.com
That was on 3/18/09.

I have yet to receive anything from them well over a month later. And I've sent two additional emails asking them where the samples are. While I really can't complain too much, as I'm buried with what I have, I do not appreciate being lied to.

Therefore if you have the money folks, go with someone else. I'll keep everyone up to date if they do eventually live up to their word.

My recommendation? Vutec, Da-Lite, Elite, Beamax, SeymourAV, dnp. Folks that don't hesitate for a second to send samples. The folks that won't may be hiding something.

Additionally, Draper never sent any of the promised samples either...
post #3 of 18 Old 04-24-09, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Greg

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
My opinion is to buy from companies that honor their agreements. And Stewart has not.

I hounded Stewart for two weeks to send me samples finally getting this reply from Joaquin Rivera on 3/17/09:

After thanking him I asked when the samples would be sent out:

That was on 3/18/09.

I have yet to receive anything from them well over a month later. And I've sent two additional emails asking them where the samples are. While I really can't complain too much, as I'm buried with what I have, I do not appreciate being lied to.

Therefore if you have the money folks, go with someone else. I'll keep everyone up to date if they do eventually live up to their word.

My recommendation? Vutec, Da-Lite, Elite, Beamax, SeymourAV, dnp. Folks that don't hesitate for a second to send samples. The folks that won't may be hiding something.

Additionally, Draper never sent any of the promised samples either...
Interesting, I can not say we at hTR have had that same experience. For sure Jerry my pulisher, would have let me know. Based on that, I would have to think there is a good reason why. I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

Greg
post #4 of 18 Old 04-24-09, 08:49 AM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Quote:
deacongreg wrote: View Post
Interesting, I can not say we at hTR have had that same experience. For sure Jerry my pulisher, would have let me know. Based on that, I would have to think there is a good reason why. I would give them the benefit of the doubt.
Well Greg, after three emails (I sent another last night) in the last three weeks trying to find out if I was going to get something, I received this late last night:

Quote:
I'm trully sorry!
It will be sent tomorrow

Best regards,
Joaquin Rivera
Sales Director
Stewart Filmscreen Corp.
www.Stewartfilm.com
If I do, in fact, receive something from them, I will clean out my posts.
post #5 of 18 Old 04-25-09, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Greg

Quote:
mechman wrote: View Post
Well Greg, after three emails (I sent another last night) in the last three weeks trying to find out if I was going to get something, I received this late last night:

If I do, in fact, receive something from them, I will clean out my posts.
Why do that, listen, that is your experience that you had, and your expressing your dissatisfaction. That is fine. Now, we all get to see how their customer service skills are. Unfortunately, someone will go thru a not so good time with a company. A guess as my Dad used to say, its your turn, in the barrell.

Greg

Greg
post #6 of 18 Old 04-27-09, 01:16 AM
Elite Shackster

Bill

Greg I have to say they wouldn't send me any samples either, and some at AVS said they were told outright that they no longer send samples out. I can't vouch for that, but I can say neither mech nor I have been successful at getting any samples to evaluate.

"Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein

"If all else fails, spin the cat."- Grzboken
post #7 of 18 Old 04-28-09, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Greg

Quote:
wbassett wrote: View Post
Greg I have to say they wouldn't send me any samples either, and some at AVS said they were told outright that they no longer send samples out. I can't vouch for that, but I can say neither mech nor I have been successful at getting any samples to evaluate.

That really is strange, and a shame. You know, I guess someone is in that percentage of customers and clientele, that gets treated badly. I`m sorry it had to be you.

Greg
post #8 of 18 Old 04-28-09, 09:03 PM
Elite Shackster

Bill

I wouldn't say I was treated badly. I asked for some samples to review and evaluate and they said no and that they didn't give out samples. Maybe at the time they had stopped giving them out. I never checked back with them after that, for samples or prices.

"Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein

"If all else fails, spin the cat."- Grzboken
post #9 of 18 Old 04-29-09, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Greg

Quote:
wbassett wrote: View Post
I wouldn't say I was treated badly. I asked for some samples to review and evaluate and they said no and that they didn't give out samples. Maybe at the time they had stopped giving them out. I never checked back with them after that, for samples or prices.
Okay, i hear you. But it does seem, your overall experience, should have been much better.

Greg
post #10 of 18 Old 05-12-09, 07:42 AM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System