Special Video Calibration Training Videos Promotion - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 56 Old 02-23-13, 12:42 PM
Shackster

Michael TLV

Send a message via Yahoo to michael tlv Send a message via Skype™ to michael tlv
Re: Special Video Calibration Training Videos Promotion

Editing titles ... that I don't know. A you tube thing. Can you create favorites folders? or enter them in numeric order.

Videos 1, 22,23,24 are all public ... aka Free view. That's why they show up.

Remember ... the videos are all available in one place on my website too. That area is PW protected but beyond that, all in the same place. If you find the videos play slow there ... you are not imagining. I am in the process of moving the hosting to somewhere else that is faster.

regards

Michael Chen @ The Laser Video Experience
Friendly Neighborhood THX Video Systems Instructor / ISF Instructor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by michael tlv; 02-23-13 at 12:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 Old 02-23-13, 02:30 PM
Shackster
tbaudoin

My System

I need to try them from the website, I hadn't visited that in a while.

The way I have been functioning across multiple devices is to access Yahoo and run them from the link there (from the mail folder). That is why I was so greatful when you started sending one email with all the links!! It made finding the titles much easier:O.

I just remembered that I had already traveled down the "favorites" road a while back, and that was what I couldn't figure out then.

There must be a work around somewhere that would be good for smart TVs/streaming boxes with YouTube. I can always log in via browser, but not been a quick experience... C'est la. At least I can use them many ways. I use my iPho/pad to mirror it to the screen with AppleTv.
post #33 of 56 Old 02-25-13, 12:24 PM
Shackster
tbaudoin

My System

Quote:
michael tlv wrote: View Post
Editing titles ... that I don't know. A you tube thing. Can you create favorites folders? or enter them in numeric order.

Videos 1, 22,23,24 are all public ... aka Free view. That's why they show up.

Remember ... the videos are all available in one place on my website too. That area is PW protected but beyond that, all in the same place. If you find the videos play slow there ... you are not imagining. I am in the process of moving the hosting to somewhere else that is faster.

regards
I see what you mean on the website. I love them being there; very convenient and probably simplier for you to manage and edit. It loaded fine, played fine, but it was stop, load, play, stop, load, play... I just checked my speed on wifi and I got a 21ms ping/51+d/5+u, so I think I have the gate as wide open as I can get currently on TWC.

post #34 of 56 Old 02-25-13, 12:36 PM
Shackster

Michael TLV

Send a message via Yahoo to michael tlv Send a message via Skype™ to michael tlv

Greetings

The website will be faster when it gets moved ... another month or so. Watching the videos on the site currently should be done with a hard wire system ... and not with wifi ...

regards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #35 of 56 Old 05-02-13, 10:08 PM
Shackster

Michael TLV

Greetings

Update to the series. I just added videos #27 and #28 to the collection. One is on the Calibration food chain as it were ... and the other is about the ISF and THX modes found in a whole bunch of displays and what they offer compared to the user controls the tv already has.

The THX Video Calibration class is $2000 and this video series now covers over 80% of the material in that class and still growing. All for 5% of the cost of that class.

If you are serious about learning how to do this right and you don't want to dick around for a year or more looking and scrounging for scraps of information ... then this is the place.

regards

Last edited by michael tlv; 05-03-13 at 11:22 AM.
post #36 of 56 Old 05-22-13, 08:12 PM
Shackster

Michael TLV

Greetings

Update to the series. I just added video #29 to the collection. This one is on the creation of B/W modes on the TV.

regards

post #37 of 56 Old 05-30-13, 05:12 PM
Shackster

Michael TLV

Greetings

The big #30 ... Stuff to consider when you are calibrating TVs under studio lighting. WOW ... I hit 30. Never thought there would even be this many topics to talk about. (At least 5 more in the planning stage ... floating around in my brain.)

Regards

post #38 of 56 Old 09-02-13, 08:41 PM
Shackster

My System

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

This may be the wrong place to ask this, and I apologize now to you and all the site users out there, but I'll use the newbie excuse cause that's actually the case.
I just saw this thread and wanted to try...

Now, I have a question...
Is there anyway to get these instructions on a dvd disc? I'm really not wanting to get a "You Tube" account. I'm not the most literate computer user!
I totally understand the reasoning behind not wanting any hard copies out there as someone (DIRTBAG) would take it upon themselves to tape your hard work and distribute it to their friends or family. My wife and I are old school and would never do that.
I'll be 56 this month & she'll be 55. Our generation just wouldn't just doesn't do that. We were brought up with respect being a high virtue in this Italian family!
We respect other's property, space & hard work!

Obviously I would be glad to pay the extra for the costs of the discs and the time to create them.

My wife and I live in the Southeast corner of Wy in a town called Laramie.
There is absolutely, as far as my info search has revealed, nobody close to where we live to have our TV professionally calibrated, which I greatly would prefer!

I've tried to contact (could only leave a voicemail message) the closest folks to us if they would come up and calibrate our TV. Haven't even got an a "Take a Hike" response!

There just isn't a demand for a service of this type/cost here in Laramie to justify the trip here for them to set-up our TV. I totally understand that but, would have at least appreciated a response.
, I would even drive my unit down to Ft. Collins (where our set was purchased) or Denver to have it done.

If the answer is no I'll totally understand.
If the answer is yes... I'll even send them back to you so that you don't have to worry about a copy flying around out there.

Sincerely,

Aldo "Skip" Vassoler

P.S. Our TV I'm wanting to do the calibration on is our TCP55VT50.
post #39 of 56 Old 09-02-13, 09:11 PM
Shackster

Michael TLV

Greetings

Please contact me at

Michael@TLVEXP.com

I'll help you out. It won't be a disc, but something close enough.

Regards

post #40 of 56 Old 09-03-13, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

You're the best Michael!