Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Sells 2.5 Million

819 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Matteo 
#1 ·
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Sells 2.5 Million

Downloadable add-on pack breaks previous Xbox Live sales records.
By Frank Cifaldi, 04/07/2010

Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package has sold 2.5 million copies in its first week.
According to a statement issued today by the publisher, the downloadable map pack broke previous Xbox Live sales records by selling one million copies in its first 24 hours.
The package contains three new multiplayer maps and two returning maps from the previous title, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and costs 1200 Microsoft Points, or $15.
Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward has been the subject of several news stories recently, including word yesterday of the departure of two key creative figures.

Source: 1Up.com

See less See more
#3 ·
I have yet to play them, but I'm from the school of thought that $15 for maps is a bit over the top, you get three new maps and two maps from COD World at War. If it's the typical map DLC that you get from COD than no it's not worth it IMO. Dan may have some more info to add to this than I at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.