Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

EA Says Battlefield 3 Has No Chance Against Modern Warfare 3′s Popularity

645 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Moonfly 
#1 ·
EA Says Battlefield 3 Has No Chance Against Modern Warfare 3′s Popularity

The Call of Duty and Battlefield series have been competing for years now, but this year is different. The upcoming Modern Warfare 3 has been the target of skepticism, while Battlefield 3 has been garnering unprecedented pre-release attention. This extremely apparent behavior would make you think that EA has the upper hand this year, but you’ll be surprised what corporate has to say.

During a recent investor’s meeting, EA Chief Financial Officer, Eric Brown, shared some uncharacteristic uncertainty in Battlefield 3‘s ability to compete with the Call of Duty series.
Just to be clear, the [Call of Duty] franchise did about 23 million units worldwide. We don’t expect to surpass them with this year’s Battlefield 3, just to be very clear.
He has a good point in that during this day and age it’s just about impossible to sell better than Call of Duty, but the tides can change. Brand name is in Call of Duty‘s favor, but the entertainment value of each can play a big factor when word of mouth comes into play. Also, Battlefield 3 releases two weeks sooner, so EA has some time before the multi-million dollar advertising campaign appears for Modern Warfare 3.

Source: PSLS

See less See more
#2 ·
CoD will stay top because more kids play computer games, and CoD is a kids and adults game while battlefield only really gets played by more seasoned and serious players. I personally hope we dont see BF3 outsell CoD, because it will mean an influx of of noisy kids with no interest in actual strategy and team play, and that would ruin battlefield. I am happy for CoD to keep those types of players out of trouble while I get down to some serious war games lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.