Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Good day from NE Tennessee USA

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Todd Anderson 
#1 ·
I found the shack via the REW site, and joined.

I'm in my early 60s, recently became single again, and cleaning up my house.

I have a rourthly 24' by 12' den that is going to be a combination listening room and HT room.

Primary speakers are Klipsch Heresy (1977) driven by a Hafler DH-200. Turntable is an SL1200.

Satellite speakers will be MiniFonken style with Fostek FF125WK drivers.

I have an aging Phillips surround receiver (900 series?) to drive the rest of the speakers.

The room has wall to wall carpeting, paneling on three walls and one end wall is brick with a fireplace.

The stereo/entertainment system is being set up on the fireplace end of the room with speakers on an adjacent wall from the fireplace. This is sub-optimal, but I can't see putting the TV in front of the fireplace as I use it with a pellet stove, and the opposite end of the room is right out.

I've just started with room treatment, and have placed a 5' X 7' Berber throw rug on the wall in back of the couch, and moved the couch out about 2' from the wall.

I hope to begin calibration of REW tonight.

Good to be here, and greetings to all.

Steven

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

#8 ·
Thanks all.

Here is a couple of views of the room I'm working with.

First step I guess is to get REW working and do a little room modification for the worst resonances, then work with the speakers and further room modifications.

Other hobbies and interests are:

Gardening
Cooking
Vacuum tube amplifiers
Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette

Steven

#10 ·
Welcome to Home Theater Shack. We hope that you will become part of the HTS community and enjoy both contributing to help others and find value in what others have posted.

#11 ·
iashlee,

Here is a shot of the DH-200 I'm using for testing. I'm fortunate enough to have gotten three of them that were broken from a friend years ago. He had acquired many at a bargain price and as they died he would just set them aside and put a new one into use.

I recently started working on them and got this one working (blown bridge diode).

It is pretty dirty inside and I need to clean it. So far all I have done is basic testing and repair. No upgrades yet.

So now I'm off to read and try to understand what I'm doing with REW. Hopefully I will learn enough to be helpful to others as well and give back to the community.

Steven

Attachments

#12 ·
Welcome to Home Theater Shack! Thanks for joining!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

We're having a t-shirt contest on Facebook from Feb 6-7th! Check it out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.