Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Greetings!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  shawnlim 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Just stumbled upon the REW software and was looking for resources. Got a studio PA that's quite loud but needs serious EQ help. Got tired of tuning by ear. Using an RS 33-2055 SPL and a laptop for measurements. Sound card lets me set line level and the calibration was surprising flat. Feeling kinda hopeful I'll be able to do something with the new software.

Actually, haven't gotten far yet. Just now downloaded the .cal for the SPL and will be fumbling through the process today. Good Saturday project. I'm sure I'll be hitting the forums as needed. Looking forward to joining this community.

Anyway, check out my profile if you'd like to know more about me, or listen to my tunes on SoundCloud, just search for Britt Paul.

Peace,
Britt

#4 ·
Thanks Bill! Glad to be here. Did my first round of EQ adjustments with REW and got it fairly flat in final measurements. Put some Pink Floyd on the turntable and it actually sounded pretty good. Really great software. Just scratched the surface today, but excited to learn.

:)

#5 ·
Thanks Icaillo. Happy to join up! I've been engineering sound for a while, but still have a ton to learn, particularly with regard to acoustics. Hope to soak it up like a sponge, and possibly contribute from my perspective where it could be helpful. Thanks so much for providing this forum.

Britt

#6 ·
We hope that you will become part of the HTS community and enjoy both contributing to help others and find value in what others have posted.

That is actually part of one of my canned replies, but it is sincere. We all have a lot to learn and share. Having people like you with real world experience in sound is AWESOME. We really do hope that you find participating here valuable and fun.

#9 ·
Welcome to the SHACK, Britt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.