Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Getting up to speed

Tags
speed
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  denydog 
G
#1 ·
Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself. I recently purchased a very nice home theater system (50" Pioneer Elite, Polk Audio, Yamaha RX-v1800) from Tweeter who is now out of business :)thud:) and I realize that I need to start getting up to speed to protect this investment. These forums seem like a great resource (thanks!) and I look forward to learning a lot.

Forch

G
#6 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I am not so worried about components failing as I am about upgrades. For instance, I have an MX-980 remote, but (amazingly) neither tweeter nor URC (company that makes the remote) will provide the software to program it. Luckily, Sonnie helped me out with that already.

By the way, I am upgrading to FIOS shortly and trying to figure out if there is any way to get HD Video on Demand and make use of my two current Tivo HD DVRs (which are networked together). I am guessing that I will need to add a FIOS box for the Video on demand (Netflix doesn't seem to suppose HD) but can't figure out any way to share programming between the two networked Tivo's and the FIOS box. Anyone have any suggestions? By the way, what forum heading should this question go under?

Thanks,

Forch

#8 ·
Hi, and welcome. I'm just exploring around the forum myself, as a new guy.

I just got on verizon's FIOS last month, and am running one TIVO HD. I don't have a STB at this point either. I'm still in planning stage to get the TIVO on the home wireless network.

I'm sure you can find a solution on this forum somewhere, I just don't know where yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.