Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Hi from Yamahaluver

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  imbeaujp 
G
#1 ·
As my moniker suggests, I am a Yamaha centric person, but I did so only after trying out almost everything out there on the market.

Compared to all of you here, I am a dinosaur as far as my equipment is concerned. Been collecting since the early 80s so have lots leftover from 80s,90s and 2K.

My equipment is mostly Yamaha but also others in it as well and here are some of them.

Yamaha RX-Z9 for HT with Yamaha NS speakers all around, for mains, Yamaha NS-300 powered by Yamaha MX-1 amp, for center Yamaha NS-C300 and for rears, NS-100. I use total of 3 subs for the HT system, two Yamaha YST SW800 up front and one YST-SW320 for rear. For presence I use NS-90 up front. For my display I currently upgraded my RPTV SONY Kirrara Basso 53" to a 100" Sharp DLP projector.

For my stereo room I have Yamaha MX-1000 amp with CX-1000 digital pre-amp with two CDP, one a Accuphase DP-70V and other a Yamaha CDX-1060, for speakers I have the rare legendary Yamaha NS-1000x with beryllium tweeter and mid range and pure carbon fiber woofer from the early 80s. I still listen to my huge LP collection so I have Technics Sl-1200 Mk-II with a Shure V-15 markV cartridge and for deck I have a SONY 730ES as well as Yamaha KX-930, I also have Yamaha EQ-550 equalizer.

So there you have it, most of my stuff is truly fit for the museum and as a matter of fact, so am I.

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome. I am a bit of a Yamaha fan myself, except for the speakers. You still have to admire the old NS-1000s from 30 years ago, though...and you thought you were a dinosuar...great to have you here!

G
#4 ·
Icaillo,

Yamaha has made some real good speakers of late in the class of NS-1000, namely NS-200/300 which was What Hi Fi 5 stars and NS-8HX which also won many accolades, these two are super accurate and very close to neutral albeit bass shy as most Yamaha speakers and some may even call em treble shy, but thats the price to pay for neutrality. Thank you very much for your welcome.

#5 ·
I got started with a Yamaha HTiB.

I'm still using the bookshelfs from it as surrounds.

#7 ·
Nice to see you here, Yamahaluver! I'm a Yamaha fan too - for one, I like the way their stuff is user friendly. :T You can see from the equipment list in my profile that I have several Yamaha pieces, including a top-of-the-line car head unit from the mid 80s. ($650 list, if I recall - hard to believe people used to pay that kind of money for a cassette deck! Although this one is pretty fine... :) )

Regards,
Wayne

G
#9 ·
Hi Yamahaluver,

Im a long time lurker on many forums, but this is one of my first posts. I have recently become the proud owner of a pair of Yamaha NS2000's in excellent condition, apart from one blown tweeter voice coil. Even with this handicap and still in the process of being matched with the right gear, they are showing distinct signs of brilliance ! Currently partnered with a Mark Levinson ML3 for the last 48 hours, they still sound very good indeed.

My question is this; Having scoured the net for about 2 weeks solid now, I have yet to come accross anyone who can tell me definitively how to go about repairing, sourcing, or replacing the one tweeter thats faulty. Im hoping that you, or others reading, may be able to offer some suggestions. These speakers are just too good to risk messing with unless I'm sure of a fix.

Thanks in advance

Scott

#15 ·
Hello, the best way is to replace the tweeter. The beryllium voice coil may be ordered from yamaha Japan, but you could find a full tweeter for 100 - 125$ on ebay. Be patient !

I got 5 NS-1000M on my HT system (including a home made NS-1000M center channel with 2 woofers). Plus a NS-1000 ebony in my stereo room. This is terrific !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.