Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

My Intro to Home Theater Shack.

Tags
intro shack
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Todd Anderson 
#1 ·
I am new to this Forum, but I have been previously Senior Member of 3 other A/V Forums. I have been a Custom A/V Designer/ Installer for many years. I look forward to conversing with the guys & gals of this Forum. I will post my HT here soon. Obviously, We are experienced at TV Installs, Home Theaters, Surround Sound, Subwoofers, Blu Ray, Karaoke Systems, HD CCTV Camera Systems. and more. At this point, I don't know anyone here. Hopefully, that will change soon.:smile:

My HT: JVC HD2K + Sys DILA/ LCIOS Projector & JVC Faroudja Line Processor, DaLite Perm Wall Screen & Frame 120", Acoustic Innovations HT Suede motorized Chair in Black/ Grey w/ Clarke Synthesis Tacktile powered Driver, Panamax Max 5510 AC Regenerator, ADA PTM-8150 HT Amp, Integra DTR- 40.3 Surround Processor, Samsung BD-5000 Blu Ray & HD-DVD Player upgraded, Technics SL-6 Linear Tracking Turntable, Samsung 37" Monitor, Music Hall Maverick SACD Player, Pioneer Lazer Disc Player CLD-D701, Hitachi S772 SX 5 VCR, DBX 2020 Computerized EQ & Analyzer, HeathKit AD-1701 Graffic Output Indicators, Pioneer Stereo Chair w/ 3 Tactile Drivers, Audio Source, Power Amp 200 (powers Stereo chair), Line Conditioners: Furman PL-8 Power Conditioner/ Light modules, 2- RR15 + Rack Rider Power Conditioner/ Light modules, Toshiba SD-6915 DVD Changer

Speakers: Niles HD- 8 In Wall Fronts, Center Channel Pinnacle Gold wide Center, Pinnacle Gold Surrounds (corner mount), Quad On Wall Side Channel Speakers, PSB On Wall Rear Center channel speaker, Russound 6.5" In Ceiling Speakers for Height Channels.

Subwoofers: HSU 500A 500 watt matching Subwoofer Amp, 2 HSU TNN- 1220's 4' Cylindrical Subs

Karaoke: VocoPro DVG- 888 KII Player, Sonance Sonamp 260, AudioSource EQ- 100, Phillips CDR 765, CD Burner, Samson SR-22 dbx VHF/FM True Diversity Wireless Mic System w/Sure SM-58 Head, AudioSource Amp 102, Athena Wide Center Channel for Karaoke.
My motto: Audio/ Video is only as good as the weakest link.

See less See more
#3 ·
Here, I will show you my very Favorite Discs (Surround Sound) Some are SACD's; some are DVD Audio's, many are Blu Ray Audio. Only one here is a movie. Only two are Classical. These are in no particular order. I really don't think these are right for you, unless you are a Surround Sound Fanatic like I am. If your system came from Walmart, K Mart, etc, close this thread and bow out.
es
The Beatles, Love in 5.1 SS. This is miles better then the standard issue disc.
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells 5.1 Outstanding Classic
The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots 5.1Fantastic
The Vlaming Lips The Soft Bulletin 5.1 WOW IN SS
Rush Moving Pictures Audiophile 5.1 Deluxe Edition
Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's Blu Ray Audio. !
Peter Gabriel (My Fav Artist) Was a founding member of Genesis
Peter Gabriel, Secret World Live Blu Ray
Peter Gabriel Live In Athens Blu Ray
Peter Gabriel Back to Front Blu Ray
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (another fav of mine):
the Torpedos Blu Ray Audio just amazing
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Live In Concert Blu Ray Yes!
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers MOJO Blu Ray Audio
Led Zepplin Celebration DayBlu Ray + 2 more discs Fantastic!
Dire Straights Brother In Arms 5.1 20th Anniversary
Supertramp Live In Paris Blu Ray Amazing
Styx Live: The Grand Illusion & Pieces of Eight Blu Ray Audio Classic
Alan Parsons On Air DTS Digital Surround Pink Floydish
The Police Every Breath You Take The Classics DTS Digital Surround
America Live In Chicago Blu Ray Blow Me Away!
McIntosh Demonstration Reference Disc DSD Master Recording & SACD Best Quality Classical
U2 Rattle & Hum HD DVD Hi Def One of my Favs
Tchaikovsky 1812 Orchestra Telarc Digital Eric Kunzel Classical. The authentic Cannons go down to 16 Hz!
The Best Of REM In Time 1988- 2003 DVD Audio Hit Songs
Simple Minds The Best of Hybrid SACD Super Audio
The Eagles HELL FREEZES Over DTS Digital Surround
Linkin Park Reimagination DVD Audio Not my Fav Music but the SS is Dizzying!
The Beatles, Love in 5.1 SS. This is miles better then the standard issue disc.
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells 5.1 Outstanding Classic
The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots 5.1Fantastic
The Flaming Lips The Soft Bulletin 5.1 WOW IN SS
Rush Moving Pictures Audiophile 5.1 Deluxe Edition
Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's Blu Ray Audio. !
Peter Gabriel (My Fav Artist) Was a founding member of Genesis
Peter Gabriel, Secret World Live Blu Ray
Peter Gabriel Live In Athens Blu Ray
Peter Gabriel Back to Front Blu Ray
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (another fav of mine):
the Torpedos Blu Ray Audio
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Live In Concert Blu Ray Yes!
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers MOJO Blu Ray Audio
Led Zepplin Celebration DayBlu Ray + 2 more discs
Dire Straights Brother In Arms 5.1 20th Anniversary
Supertramp Live In Paris Blu Ray Amazing
Styx Live: The Grand Illusion & Pieces of Eight Blu Ray Audio Classic
Alan Parsons On Air DTS Digital Surround Pink Floydish
The Police Every Breath You Take The Classics DTS Digital Surround
America Live In Chicago Blu Ray Blow Me Away!
McIntosh Demonstration Reference Disc DSD Master Recording & SACD Best Quality Classical
U2 Rattle & Hum HD DVD Hi Def One of my Favs
Tchaikovsky 1812 Orchestra Telarc Digital Eric Kunzel Classical. The authentic Cannons go down to 16 Hz!
The Best Of REM In Time 1988- 2003 DVD Audio Hit Songs
Simple Minds The Best of Hybrid SACD Super Audio
The Eagles HELL FREEZES Over DTS Digital Surround
Linkin Park Reimagination DVD Audio Not my Fav Music but the SS is Dizzying!

I have many more, but these are the best IMHO.
Make sure your System is up to the task. The Telarc Disc is so powerful, you could blow your System when the Cannons go off. I am not responsible for this.
Some of these discs may not be available or some may be quite expen$ive if they are. Sorry, this is my Addiction.
If John Lenon could hear this disc, he would roll over in his grave (no disrespect to him)
One Movie: The Matrix 1 in Blu Ray Unbelievable. You will hear the Helicopter blades spinning around over your head! You will here the shell casings hitting the floor. Duck!

Deep Purple Machine Head Hybrid MultiChannel SACD DSD
Roxy Music The Best of Super Audio DSD & SACD
Grover Washington, Jr Winelight DVD Audio
Jethro Tull Live at Montreux Blu Ray
Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon DSD 5.1
Bob Dylan SACD Entire Collection. All 18 Discs, many unopened. His whole Career
I would possibly consider sell this Bob Dylan Collection. It is rare & unavailable.
Infidels, Bringing It All Back Home, Blood On the Tracks, Oh Mersey,Nashville Skyline, Love & Theft, John Wesley Harding The Reisssue Series, Another Side of Bob Dylan, Blonde On Blonde, Street Legal, Desire, The Free Wheelin', HighWay 61 Revisitd, Slow Train Coming, Planet Waves, The Essential. Each one was between $15.0 - $16.99. Some are Double Discs. They are also DSD. Make an offer if you want to.
Roy Orbison Black & White Night HD DVD. WOW.
Planet Earth The Complete Series 4 Disc Set HD DVD
Super Speedway Digital THX Mastered The Cars Come Flying By.
The Sheffield Drum & Track Record. Direct to Disc Recording You never heard Drums with this sound. Jim Keltner, Ronn Tutt, BillSchnee. There must be about 40 Discs here.

"Audio/ Video is only as good as your weakest link".

#5 ·

Attachments

#6 ·
In the day, I had a huge vinyl collection of super discs, including half speed MFSL records. The most valuable of the bunch was Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band UHQR; The Beatles. Serial numbered (low number) in the collector Box; double thick Japanese super vinyl. I only played it three times with my Phillips 212 turntable & Shure V15 Type 5 cartridge. I paid (at the time & ordered it directly from MFS, $50.00. The last time I checked, it was valued at around $1,000. It also came with a certificate of Authenticity. I wish I had it today.

#7 ·
Welcome aboard! That's quite the collection of SACDs! ;-)

Welcome to HTS!

Just a few house cleaning topics:

If you use Facebook or Twitter, click on the supplied links and follow us! It's a great way to find out about new equipment reviews, news, and HTS forum announcements. We also feature lots of other content.

And here are some links for creating a Theater room thread (here)and a Two-Channel system thread (here)!

See you on the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.